Author Thread
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Mod to run BG1 in 1024x768!

It can be found here -

http://www.the-silver-river.com/BG1TuTu/TuTuMain.html , or here -

http://japh.fwstudios.net/bg1tutu/ .

Briefly, it's a mod for BG2 SoA that allows to play BG1 in BG2 interface / resolutions. Sounds like fun, but haven't tried it myself yet. It requires full installations of both games, but the mod itself is very small, about 1 MB.

Maybe - just maybe - it will make me to play BG1 for... ermmm... 4th time? Who knows...

If someone tries it, let me know of the results, please. I'd do it myself, but my BG1 CDs are not with me at the moment

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

5 gig to run this baby? Hmm… I’m tempted.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:44 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

It's just funny, Seth. Very few people looked at this thread today, but when I saw on the main page - "D&D General - Last post by Seth", I somehow knew that you posted in this one You seem to like quite the same things as I do.

To the subject - I already asked my brother to bring me those BG1 CDs. So in few days, I should be experimenting with this mod. Maybe on this weekend already. 5 gigs isn't a joke, but after reinstalling OS on my computer, I also managed to free some space. So now I can safely waste it

Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:53 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

what do you know? Must be that eastern thing.

Well BG1 is on my top five list, if it wasn’t for my 19” monitor I’d still kept on my hard drive.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:05 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hmm, this may justify the $20 admission fee for BG1 w/ToSC... I'll wait and see how it works for you Stanthony.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:12 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Has anyone tried it yet? I want to know how well it works.I'd love to play BG1
again in a higher resolution.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:06 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Patience, and patience again Two days more and I will try it. Gosh, it's good to feel that so many people depend on you

Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:46 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I have baldurs gate two times, both have one broken cd and the versions dont mix. So much for baldurs gate. Maybe if they somday sell a deluxe set with both baldurs plus add-on as a cheapo version.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:56 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

OK, guys, I did it

So here is my brief account of how it went. First things first - two installations. Full one of BG1+ToSC, and full of BG2+SoA. In fact there was no need to make full install of BG2, but I did it anyhow, I like things to work faster. I installed patches for both game, too. I also installed Baldurdash Fix Pack for both games, and it worked fine. Then unziping of this Tutu thing, some config tuning (as described in readme) and running executable. Fun begins here. While mod transforms some files you can select BG2 kits for all BG1 NPCs Turning Ajantis into inquisitor is fun in itself After Tutu has finished working, I copied BG1 music folder into BG2 directory to get original music (also described in readme). Voila. That's it.

After running BG2 executable you will hear BG1 music... Weird, but I thought it sounded somewhat better. Maybe just my imagination... You start new game, create character and play. BG2 interface is all there. I was able to run 800x600 and 1024x768 modes with 3D effects turned on. No problems. Game looks good with spells and all. Candlekeep architecture seems all different now - when it's towers fit the screen Two-handed combat is here, too, plus all BG2 rules, I think. Otherwise... well, it is Baldur's Gate - no more, no less.

Finally, I'd say, this is a good excuse to replay BG1 for n-time, or to simply play it for those who never did so earlier. I will play again after I'm done with Lionheart and ToEE.

Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:01 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

What about interface? Can you hide it as well like in BG2? I assume that when you wrote BG2+SoA you meant ToB right?
Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:07 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by Seth
What about interface? Can you hide it as well like in BG2? I assume that when you wrote BG2+SoA you meant ToB right?

Yes, of course, it is ToB, sorry, me bad And, yes, I could hide interface. I assume that as it uses BG2, everything that was in BG2 will work.

Post Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:44 pm
darklord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey Stanthony,

I have BG1 & BG2 also TOTSC but I never did buy TOB.

Do I definately need the TOB expansion for this to work?

Thanks,

Daniel.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:14 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

No, it should work with simple recommended installation of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It is just me - I like to do full installs of everything I have

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:21 pm
darklord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey Stanthony,

Cheers!

Daniel.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:09 pm