Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Anyone here interested in Freedom Force for the pc?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I'm really looking forward to this crpg because I can finally play my namesake(the Hulk) in it! Over at http://www.skindex.net/ff/ffmain.htm
they have custom skins for Freedom Force even though the game is not out yet. Check it out, they have skins for famous characters from Marvel and DC comics as well as others that are really funny(such as characters from t.v. shows). I heard a rumor that when the game is released, the skins sites might be shut down due to copyright infringement so you might want to go download some custom skins now while they are still available.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:14 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yeah, I've heard quite a bit about it. Some of those skins are pretty cool. I liked the Ultimate Captian America skin the best. Although I was disappointed they didn't have Black Canary yet, she's my favorite DC character.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:53 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It looks like it should be an interesting strategy game. If it's not too expensive, I'll probably pick it up.

And hey... how can you resist throwing cars at each other in multiplayer? Let's hope they have TCP/IP direct connection capabilities instead of (or at least in additon to) connecting to gamespy or something...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:09 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-02-28 20:53, Val wrote:
Yeah, I've heard quite a bit about it. Some of those skins are pretty cool. I liked the Ultimate Captian America skin the best. Although I was disappointed they didn't have Black Canary yet, she's my favorite DC character.

I didn't know you were into comic books. I've only met one other women before who was into them. It's nice to meet a woman with similar interests as myself.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:29 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yeah, I've read comics since junior high. Though now I read mostly independants and old favorites as opposed to anything that simply caught my eye. I always liked how you could read one in 5 to 15 minutes, they're like the ultimate short story.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:07 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Surprise, Hulk - apart from having read a lot of Marvel and DC stuff while I was a kid, I still have several 100 Image comic books... and I'm a woman, too.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:49 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 12:49, Jaz wrote:
Surprise, Hulk - apart from having read a lot of Marvel and DC stuff while I was a kid, I still have several 100 Image comic books... and I'm a woman, too.

Most women I've met are kind of like my brother's girlfriend, they think computer games are stupid and a waste of time and for geeks, the same with comic books.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:58 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Checking forums like this one and online games isn't a bad way to find out that women share your interests. Sure, you get a lot of guys pretending to be women -- especially in online games -- but you never know unless you ask, right?

That said, don't hit on every female you see in a forum or a game. Most (rightfully) hate being singled out because of their gender.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:04 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

When my best friend and I used to haunt RPG and tabletop and computer game stores all those years ago during university, we were always regarded as an exotic phenomenon. Our (TF and later CS ) clan has five female members, which - out of 14 people - is quite a good quote, I think. Just on the 12" collector boards I'm always the only female...
I guess it's all a case of 'right place, right time'. Actually, I met my husband in a RPG store, so it might not be too late for you yet, Hulk .

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:06 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 13:06, Jaz wrote:
When my best friend and I used to haunt RPG and tabletop and computer game stores all those years ago during university, we were always regarded as an exotic phenomenon. Our (TF and later CS ) clan has five female members, which - out of 14 people - is quite a good quote, I think. Just on the 12" collector boards I'm always the only female...
I guess it's all a case of 'right place, right time'. Actually, I met my husband in a RPG store, so it might not be too late for you yet, Hulk .

Hey, that souns like a good idea, maybe I should try that.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:11 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Meeting in person is always the safest bet. Game cons, trade shows, tournaments, game shops, libraries... I met a lot of girlfriends at these places. My wife was the anomoly, as I met her in an online game. Even then, finding out she lived in the same city, I pressed for a real meeting as soon as possible.

Of course, it turns out she was playing said online game because a friend had told her that while the men there were 'geeky' they were 'smart', which was a better long term investment than athletic. Fortunately for me my wife agreed with that assessment.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:11 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 13:11, EverythingXen wrote:
Of course, it turns out she was playing said online game because a friend had told her that while the men there were 'geeky' they were 'smart', which was a better long term investment than athletic. Fortunately for me my wife agreed with that assessment.

But isn't being both athletic and smart better than being one or the other? I've always thought so. Though being both does not leave one as much in the way of free time, I suppose.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:16 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Oh, I still do 200 pushups and 300 situps a day to keep trim... but I don't have the time any longer to do more. (Besides, I mangled my left leg being 'athletic' on a rugby team). So... athletic fades over time, smart (barring an accident or disease) stays forever.

But if you can get away with it...

As for Freedom Force... I hope the dialogue is as corny as it appears... but I hope it's a good kind of corny, not the Batman TV show of the 60s corny.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:22 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 13:22, EverythingXen wrote:
Oh, I still do 200 pushups and 300 situps a day to keep trim... but I don't have the time any longer to do more. (Besides, I mangled my left leg being 'athletic' on a rugby team). So... athletic fades over time, smart (barring an accident or disease) stays forever.

But if you can get away with it...

As for Freedom Force... I hope the dialogue is as corny as it appears... but I hope it's a good kind of corny, not the Batman TV show of the 60s corny.

200 pushups and 300 situps? I'd call that pretty athletic.
I'm hoping they will allow mods to change dialouge. I can just imagine using the Hulk skin in freedom force and then having custom dialouge that says "Hulk smash!" whenever he goes into combat mode.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:39 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Not really that athletic. 50 pushups and 75 situps before breakfast, before lunch, before supper, and before bed. My personal record for a single set of pushups is only 110. I couldn't do 200 in one shot if I tried.

I think you'll be able to modify your dialogue with a custom character... but I don't know if they've included some way to import wavs or mp3s. I guess it's something to ask at http://www.myfreedomforce.com on the forum if you're interested.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:57 pm