Where to learn picklocking? Also is there ANY benefits to 2h
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Where to learn picklocking? Also is there ANY benefits to 2h

Was just wondering, i just got in chapter 2 and i still haven't came across someone that teaches lockpicking (except for that carpenter in town and he won't teach me) so is there a alternative? (i'm a merc)

Also is there ANY reason to pick 2handed weapons?
i usually LOVEEEEE huge swords/ax's.
But it seems the big ones are.......one handed???
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:26 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

*cough* spoilers forum?

I dont want to answer because i might PEE someone off...
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:15 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

meh, i never go in spoilers forum because i don't wanna see
"the ending --------" right in a freaking topic name and stuff.

if it's essential to the plot/etc and i WILL find it just say yes and that'll be ok for me.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:33 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Stiler
meh, i never go in spoilers forum

Welcome to the spoiler forum. We're glad you are here.

quote:
if it's essential to the plot/etc and i WILL find it just say yes and that'll be ok for me.

Okay, I'll give you a YES/NO answer. If you want more details, just highlight the black text.

quote:
i just got in chapter 2 and i still haven't came across someone that teaches lockpicking (except for that carpenter in town and he won't teach me) so is there a alternative? (i'm a merc)

Yes. Ramirez in the Thieves' Guild can teach you pickpocket. How do join the guild? Don't want to spoil the fun for you. Ask again if you want to know which quests are required.

quote:
Also is there ANY reason to pick 2handed weapons?

Yes. e.g. more powerful damage.

quote:
But it seems the big ones are.......one handed???

No. The two-handed axes are kind of small. But generally, all the two-handed swords are much bigger than the one-handed ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Blake84
i might PEE someone off...

Why do you think that?

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:43 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Best sword in the chapter one can be found in a cave north between black troll and stone circle - mean Khorinis area. It`s better then any 1handed in the terms of pure possible damage.
Alternative lies in the thieves guild - try to find them.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:44 pm
maxdamage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I find/join the Thieves Guild? Can I join it even if I am in a guild (mercenary) or an apprentice? I mean I want to learn pickpocketing, how do I simply do that?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:50 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

How to join thieves guild - look for right thread. There are about 10 or more. Use search, type "thieves guild'. It should give You some advice.
You can join thieves no matter which other guild you choose. Thieves just don`t care. 99,99% sure that the only Cassia - chief there can teach You how to pickpocket.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:08 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I never said never - its very strong, dangerous and final word. I said sometimes I do. Its only Monday and my coworkers didn`t take all this weak portion of my faith in people away yet so today I wrote about ten times 'use search'.
Know what - interesting if it persuaded at least one person to try? Before posting I tried 9 of key words I gave and they all brought me the answer.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:35 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

You don't need to finish any of the quests in the good way if you want to join the Thieves guild.
Do the bad way in just one of those quests, you'll eventually be offered to be part of the Thieve's Guild no matter what.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:08 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
You don't need to finish any of the quests in the good way if you want to join the Thieves guild.

Yea. They can be done in either way. I've just reworded it, thanks.

BTW, do you think these are the only two ways to complete the quests? i.e. Somebody actually killed Rengaru and expected he could complete the quest... ouch.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:04 am
evolart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yea I'm pretty damn sure that I found the cave a long long time ago.......considering the only other cave I can find between akil and the lighthouse is one that houses a orc warrior.........who at lvl 9 is kicking my ass.......

so maybe i sold the special fish? cause the chest in the cave is empty.....suck a$$.....oh well too far to start over enjoyably guess I cannot become a thief

As well, is the only way to get the carpenter to teach you lockpicking, by learning pick pocketing from the thieves guild leader and then stealing the money lenders book? If so I guess then I will probably give up gothic 2........cause I live to be a thief and I'm not gonna start over lol
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:20 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

No no, wait. Read my earlier post a little closer, I said "just one of those quests". Meaning, failing one is the same as passing all three.

Do one of the other two quests, and make sure to fail them. Then you'll be offered to join the Theives Guild. Makes no sense? You'll see when the opportunity comes.

And about getting Thorben to teach you: Pay Gilda's 100 gold to Matteo. Thorben will like you, and tell you that you're a nice guy and he'll teach you.

And yes, you probably sold the 'special fish'.

I did the same with Thekla's stews because I needed the money and I didn't know they gave you Str.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:36 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
No no, wait. Read my earlier post a little closer, I said "just one of those quests". Meaning, failing one is the same as passing all three.

No. Just figured out that the quests can be completed in any way. Attila's reaction will be different though, depending on how I did the quests.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:47 am
maxdamage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've talked to Attile and he gave me a picklock hidden in a fish. Now what? Where's the Thieves Guild and where can I learn picklock/pickpocket?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:57 pm