(G2 add-on) How to order & apply the translation mod
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

(G2 add-on) How to order & apply the translation mod

You can post the vital infos on TNotR and the translation mod in this thread. No discussions, only hard facts!

Recommended shop:
NewWorlds - Rollenspiel-Shop.de (through the PB referer)
They ship worldwide and are quite flexible in accepted payment methods.
The website is only in German. You can contact the shop via mail or ICQ, theyīll talk you through the rest.
Feedback is excellent.
Update: The shop site has been updated with English contact data.

G2 AddOn: Requires a G2 full version. Read the fan mod installation instructions below! v2.5, needs to be patched.
G2 Gold: German G2 plus TNotR, patched to the latest version v2.6a.
Price difference is only ~9 EUR.

Update: A new "G2 Limited Gold Edition" is listed at Amazon Germany. Looks like JoWooD wants to cash-in with G2 one last time during the Christmas season. The new product is about 10 EUR more expensive than the current Gold Edition. Detailed infos not yet available.

Update 2: JoWooD found one more trick to extend G2īs shelf life. This time they licensed Gothic from DTP. A Gothic Collectorīs Edition with all Gothics plus a poster will be released in early February for only 30 EUR! This is obviously the best choice for everybody who wants to buy a German version.

Last edited by Gorath on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:52 pm; edited 7 times in total
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:17 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The official TNotR translation mod thread:

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89259&start=0

Detailed installation instructions and download link in the first post. You can also post your feedback over there.

Last edited by Gorath on Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:39 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Whatīs it all about?
The translation mod adds English subtitles to both G2 and The Night of the Raven (Die Nacht des Raben in German). All other texts are alos translated. Infos given in FMVs are repeated by a key NPC in the next dialog because adding subtitles was not possible.
The translation was made by humans, so the quality is of course clearly superior to a machine job.

Latest version
v1.0
Everything with a "b" in the name is an older beta version.

Requirements
Depending on which of the two paths you choose youīll have full English subtitles plus an obvious mix of English and German voice acting.

a) UK or US G2
b) German add-on
c) a German patch for G2
d) German patch 2.6a for TNotR
e) the mod

a1) German G2 Gold Ed. or
a2) German G2 + the add-on and a few patches
b) the mod

Please remember we do not support piracy! If you donīt want to import TNotR you should wait for the official English release. It will come sooner or later.

Installation infos can still be found in the other thread.

Last edited by Gorath on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:44 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

And in this topic here you can find out how to install german G2 add-on on english Gothic 2 v. 1.31, if you didn't order the whole german package. See the second post (or first reply).
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:30 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The first release version was just launched and can be found in here:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89259&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Enjoy it!

PS: to Gorath... I will preffer to keep the info posted in the first thread (the above one) as THAT thread is the one presented in every G2DNdR ETM version (including in the first release version)... That way people who have older versions can still found the latest one and all the info they need.

PPS: Please restick that thread, if you're kind. Thank you!
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:34 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

IT may not be easy, but the interested persons WILL do it. And the most important things ARE in the first post from that thread.

Anyway, please try to install any of the G2 DNdR ETM versions and you'll see that the Finish page of the installer (the one with Show Readme and Launch Game checkboxes) contains a link to THAT thread.

That's why I would preffer to keep the info regarding the newer versions in that thread.

Thank you!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:46 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

And frankly, to say the truth... I for one am dissapointed by the attitude of gothic.rpgdot.com regarding this mod too.

I'd say everyone thinks is a must for any Gothic series fan (and NO official words are yet available regarding the official english addon version, STILL), buth gothic.rpgdot.com didn't announced it yet on its main page.

Not for glory, or whatever else reason of this kind... but to let it be know by any possible interested person. The same way in which it should have been added to the download section.

Instead, there's a thick silence regarding it. Do you really know Piranha Bytes, JoWood and Atari don't know about it?!! Well, if that's the case, you're WRONG!

Maybe gothic.rpgdot.com don't want to do it to keep good relations with all of the above mentioned names... but I for one would consider that a lame thing, as from those 3 names, only Piranha Bytes is the one deserving respect... or maybe gothic.rpgdot.com crew thinks this mod is worthless, and doesn't diserve to be known by all Gothic community...
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:57 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm that offcorse is right that this mod should be moved to the download section + to the main page imo , it is still a big thing and indeed i am very sure those publishers and even deverlopers know about this translation probably allready
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:24 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by cothyso
I'd say everyone thinks is a must for any Gothic series fan (and NO official words are yet available regarding the official english addon version, STILL), buth gothic.rpgdot.com didn't announced it yet on its main page.

Donīt take it personally. RPGDot is very low on free resources right now. And 2/3 of the GothicDot staff has more important things to do than posting news (about anything). This leaves HWF, but he is on dial-up, which is of course not ideal.

quote:
Not for glory, or whatever else reason of this kind... but to let it be know by any possible interested person.

Now that itīs no longer beta we will post it. Whether on GothicDot or RPGDot remains to be seen.

quote:
The same way in which it should have been added to the download section.
Maybe it slipped my mind but I think this is the first you mentioned you would like to see it in the download section.

quote:
Instead, there's a thick silence regarding it. Do you really know Piranha Bytes, JoWood and Atari don't know about it?!! Well, if that's the case, you're WRONG!
Of course they know about it. Especially PB knows it for sure.

quote:
Maybe gothic.rpgdot.com don't want to do it to keep good relations with all of the above mentioned names... but I for one would consider that a lame thing, as from those 3 names, only Piranha Bytes is the one deserving respect... or maybe gothic.rpgdot.com crew thinks this mod is worthless, and doesn't diserve to be known by all Gothic community...

Politics is made by RPGDot, not by GothicDot. But why should we report about a beta? You had a lot of forum coverage.

btw., you can be more than happy with the feedback you received from the community. Itīs normal that more than 99.99% of the visitors only leech. No other project before got so much feedback, including the cheat guide and JemyMīs FAQ.
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:01 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Has the mod been tested on both English versions(1.31-1.32) of
Gothic 2? Reason I ask is because I own both the UK and the US versions of the game.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:10 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can verify it works fine on the USA version. I don't envision there would be any issues with the UK version either.

But just use the USA, okay -- that's what I did and it was fine.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:42 am
Adanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does any1 know if G2-TnotR is sold in Austria a german speaking country.

Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:07 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

'Die Nacht des Raben' was released in Germany, Austria and Switzerland last year, so I don't see why it wouldn't be sold in Austria.
Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:11 pm
Adanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok thx
Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:31 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hi!
What is an .ICH file? And with what can I "use" it?
Thx
Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:59 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next