View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I beat it!

It took me a long time.

I defintely stalled in the rapax castle back to the sea caves and back to the rapax castle area, it got a little long during that period.

I was definitely wondering what happens if you fight the savant and you havent removed his bomb? Does the planet blow up?

There were quite a few little things I missed. I never totally completed the peace with umpani and trang quest... I blew up the savants ship but what I was supposed to do next was not intuitive to me at all.

Bad points about wizardry 8 were.... well just that many parts were not intuitive at all. I had to refer to a walkthrough many times. This item goes here this item goes there etc...

Fairly difficult but it got easier as the game went on. I had only one difficult fight I had to reload in the ascension peak area, the souleater and a few other monsters fight.

I had a good time i give wiz 8: 9 of 10 now Im gonna move on to wizards and warriors for a while.
I like party based rpg games so thats the next one available to me...
Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:14 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Congrats!
Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:28 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Well done!

As for difusing the bomb, you'll just have to create another party some time and find out, eh?

I'd bet that after 15-20 hours with W&W, you'll be back here asking what party might be fun to try next. W&W could have been quite good if it had gotten another 3-4 months in development and support for patches from the publisher, Activision.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:02 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I saw all three endings.

But there is at least one more mystery

In the cosmic circle, radar shows 2 green dots. One is your friend the gargoyle. The other is standing on the roof of the entrance to the last building. Who is this mysterious green dot and how do you get up there to talk to him?
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:09 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Bilbo noticed that a while back. I don't remember ever seeing it. Bilbo was unable to get there, so we think it's a buggie.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:24 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
Bilbo noticed that a while back. I don't remember ever seeing it. Bilbo was unable to get there, so we think it's a buggie.
Right. Never could figure out what it was. And congratulations Stamar!
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:16 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Personally, I think it is Vi domina. If there were a way to get there and look I would strongly bet Vi dominia meets your characters entering the cosmic circle. A last minute change editted out the way up there perhaps? I wonder if there is a utility to check
Anyhow I think that is logical.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:48 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nope, it's not Vi. First time I ascended, I had Vi with me in my party, and I still had that mystery green dot.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:50 am
otter
One of Us

Maybe it's the player yourself...
Post Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:59 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have another theory on who it is. Its phoonzang. As soon as combat starts the mysterious green dot disapears.

However in disapears regardless of which ending you pick. But in the phoonzang ending a new green dot appears next to the savant.

It is quite possible that characters have to be placed somewhere on the map for them to be alive on the map ever( if you follow none will materialize from nothing they have to be somewhere on the map and teleport) So the only other character to appear in this final map is phoonzang.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:59 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

IVe decided that the mystery green dot is phoonzang, and hes located in a one way room.
Someone said there is also a green dot in the martens bluff castle until you lure the rapax assasin out. So he hides in a one way room? It sounds like the same thing to me.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:58 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
Someone said there is also a green dot in the martens bluff castle until you lure the rapax assasin out.
This is news to me... Doesn't mean it isn't true, though.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:33 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
Someone said there is also a green dot in the martens bluff castle until you lure the rapax assasin out.
This is news to me... Doesn't mean it isn't true, though.
Ditto. Never saw it with the T'Rang. And from what I did see, it doesn't make sense to me, either. The Rapax assassin is initially yellow, not green. He turns red if you physically attack him, which you can do. (I had problems with the squashing machine first time through, and wound up having to kill the assassin in plain old combat!)
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:04 am
shrewgirl
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Mentioning green dots...

I noticed the same green dots, but has anyone noticed after you ascend and go to the final battle and win has anyone noticed what looks like part of the savant's arm, on the radar it makes a dot like it is an item you can pick up, but it will not let you pick it up? Every time I beat it I noticed it, spinning even, but could never pick it up.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:16 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Mentioning green dots...

quote:
Originally posted by shrewgirl
I noticed the same green dots, but has anyone noticed after you ascend and go to the final battle and win has anyone noticed what looks like part of the savant's arm, on the radar it makes a dot like it is an item you can pick up, but it will not let you pick it up? Every time I beat it I noticed it, spinning even, but could never pick it up.
No, I missed that one.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:06 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next