23 Heartfire (Day 39)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

23 Heartfire (Day 39)

Alof the Easterner said the @Orc#s come from Ashunartes which is northeast of here and just west of an old @Dunmer# @stronghold#. Alof thinks the rest of the @Orc#s will leave if I kill their leader, a Barbarian by the name of Burub gra-Bamog.

I get to Ashunartes and killed everithyn there but there was not any barbarian called Burub gra-Bamob Where is he????
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:17 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

There are two entrances to the shrine. From the entrance where you killed the three Orcs in the bottom level go south east a short ways. Here you should find the second entrance to the upper level where Burub is. Or if you can levitate, just fly up there.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:34 am
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

thank you, but Levitate???? whats that>?
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:52 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Gothic Soul
thank you, but Levitate???? whats that>?

A very useful, high cost spell. Or you can use a potion.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:20 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

And where do I find that spell???
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Gothic Soul
And where do I find that spell???

Oh cripes. It has been a while since I've played. It is an Alteration spell. The potion has a screwy name like "uplift potion".

As to where to buy it? Unless you have at least 45 mana don't even bother to try, but one of the mages guilds.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:51 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

"Levitation" is really flying; it lets you move anywhere in all three dimensions (unlike other games where it's usually restricted to vertical or horizontal movement). The spell has two parameters, duration and speed; so a "levitate 10 pts" is slower than a levitate 20 pts".

If you haven't been using this you're going to enjoy it; it gets you to lots of places you can't otherwise reach (certain areas like the tops of Telvanni towers can't be reached any other way), and you can cut your travel time dramatically by taking short cuts across mountain ranges and over water.

The potion is called "rising force". If you're not a magic user the potion is the best way to go until you can get an enchanted item that casts levitate. Eventually (when you can afford it) you'll probably want to make an item with constant effect levitate.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:25 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Srikandi
The potion is called "rising force". If you're not a magic user the potion is the best way to go until you can get an enchanted item that casts levitate. Eventually (when you can afford it) you'll probably want to make an item with constant effect levitate.

Okay, I have to ask .. I have tried to create constant effect items, how is it done?
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:31 pm
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

you need a Golden Saint soul or higher. they are the only things poweful enough.

Here's a tip though. if you want to keep your 80k value gem, use it to create the constant effect, but before you press the 'enchant' button, replace it with a cheap gem like a rat or something you'll still have the constant effect, but this way you get to keep your gem. i dunno about the patched version of the game tho
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:57 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Wrothgarr
you need a Golden Saint soul or higher. they are the only things poweful enough.

Here's a tip though. if you want to keep your 80k value gem, use it to create the constant effect, but before you press the 'enchant' button, replace it with a cheap gem like a rat or something you'll still have the constant effect, but this way you get to keep your gem. i dunno about the patched version of the game tho

Ah that explains it. I was never able to capture a golden saint. What size gem do you need to capture one of those, or is it that my magic skill is not high enough?
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:26 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You need a Grand Soul Gem or Azura's Star (a unique quest item). Either Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper souls have enough points. As for doing the enchantment, you would need an extremely high intelligence as well as high Enchant skill to do it yourself successfully; those who have done it have boosted their Intelligence and Luck through the roof by making and quaffing several super-strength Fortify Attribute potions (an exploit, in my opinion).

It's much simpler to pay an enchanter to do it for you.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:29 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Levitation Potion

But Levitation is rather expensive, both in terms of skill required to cast it and the amount of magicka it burns! Much better to make a potion.

Drop in on your friend and mine, Nalcarya of White Havens in Balmora. Buy some root from the Trama plant and Cliff Racer feathers, chuck them in a Pestle and Mortar, crush them up and bottle the residue. Add salt to taste.

My last character (who slightly abused Alchemy) always carried around a rack of industrial-strength Levitation potions. Very handy for fast travel, reaching high places, getting out of trouble, getting into trouble, and selling to the highest bidder. Due to the ingredients they're made from, the potions don't weigh much either. What do you have to lose?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:20 am