Ultima 9 - missing, one rune of compassion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ultima 9 - missing, one rune of compassion

I finally got a hold of this game via eBay. I only got the game CDs and no documentation which is a problem since I can't bind spells but I got around that using a cheat.

Anyway, I got the glyph and heart of compassion, put them on the ruined shrine and used the mantra. After some flashing lights I got an upgrade to one stat (I chose strength). The next thing I'm supposed to do is go to Raven at the docks and show her the rune of compassion so she'll take me to Buccaneer's Den. However, I don't have the rune. One doesn't appear in my backpack after I cleanse the shrine and I don't see one lying around either. I tried talking to her thinking it might be an assumed inventory item but she tells me I don't have the rune.

I'm running the unofficial patch and the economy and monster patch. Any thoughts?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Nothing specific, but I think we got a lot of Ultima 9 content from a long gone Ultima fan page. Maybe some of it is useful for you.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:22 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

The glyph is 30 feet above the shrine. It's a bug, just use the fly cheat to get the glyph then disable the fly cheat.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:41 am
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmm, I'll check to see if it's floating in the air tonight. I did notice during the cleansing that the glyph and heart merge together and fly up into the air.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:42 am