Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

not short
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:02 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

No offense, but that question has no objective meaning nor any real way being answered. One could say it is 5 chapters - but that wouldn't mean anything to you. Just play it and decide for yourself how long it is. Virtually everybody on this site agrees that it is a good game and that it's replay value is high (when compared to many, many other games). How long it takes depends upon many variables that are totally dictated by you (do you rush, do you play completely, do you play 2 hours a day or 15).

Play it - decide yourself.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:01 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-14 08:01, Joey Nipps wrote:
No offense, but that question has no objective meaning nor any real way being answered. One could say it is 5 chapters - but that wouldn't mean anything to you. Just play it and decide for yourself how long it is. Virtually everybody on this site agrees that it is a good game and that it's replay value is high (when compared to many, many other games). How long it takes depends upon many variables that are totally dictated by you (do you rush, do you play completely, do you play 2 hours a day or 15).

Play it - decide yourself.

Yes, if your question is something like "is this game too short?". Then answer is "no". There are longer games, but this one is long enough. Compare to other game like RtCW, MoH etc. (where I was really disapointed with its duration), this one was too short (but just because it was really good and I want to play it more and more )
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:16 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

One could say it is 5 chapters - but that wouldn't mean anything to you.

6 chapters.
The game play time depends on what quests you do, and how much time you spend hunting animal for experiance, as well as simply how fast you are it. My first time was only about twenty hours, but I didn't do half the quests in the game, and I missed A LOT. My second time I took more like 30 hours, and that time I already knew where everything was, and how to do all of the necessary quests. I've seen multiple people on this forum say that their fisrt time through was 40-50, and now that sounds reasonable.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:26 pm
randalthor
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2002-02-14 08:26, Suicidal Cockroach wrote:
quote:

One could say it is 5 chapters - but that wouldn't mean anything to you.

6 chapters.
The game play time depends on what quests you do, and how much time you spend hunting animal for experiance, as well as simply how fast you are it. My first time was only about twenty hours, but I didn't do half the quests in the game, and I missed A LOT. My second time I took more like 30 hours, and that time I already knew where everything was, and how to do all of the necessary quests. I've seen multiple people on this forum say that their fisrt time through was 40-50, and now that sounds reasonable.

Exactly......the game can be as long or as short as you want it to be.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:40 pm
Nik
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok, maybe i should rephraze: how long is the game compared to others such as Baldur's Gate II? Now that was a long game!
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:23 pm
Nik
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok, maybe i should rephraze: how long is the game compared to others such as Baldur's Gate II? Now that was a long game!
And, yes, RTcW and MoH were quite short. And MoH has a really disappointing ending!
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:24 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Compare to Wiz8, BGII? Then it is short game.
I stated MoH and RtCW because this game is in some characteristics more comparable to them than to BGII f. e.
You know what I mean - graphics etc.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:49 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

50 +/- 20 hours.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:54 am

quote:

On 2002-02-16 17:23, Nik wrote:

How long is Baldur's Gate II?
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:48 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-16 19:48, Anonymous wrote:
quote:

On 2002-02-16 17:23, Nik wrote:

How long is Baldur's Gate II?

It really depends on how you play it (do you do all quests or just major quests?). It also really depends on how expirienced RPG player are you... But i think normal time with load is something like 100 - 150 hours, maybe closer to 150.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:57 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

BG II the first time took me about two months WITHOUT the expansion. That's playing about 20-25 hours per week. The fifth time, with the expansion, it took four weeks with about the same playing time.

So I can look forward to playing Gothic for a while, I guess? I'm trying to get as much experience from hunting as possible - in fact, I'm off to shoot some snappers right now...
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:43 am