Divine Divinity Review at GameGuru Mania
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Divine Divinity Review at GameGuru Mania

A <a href="http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5504" target="_blank">review of Divine Divinity</a> at GameGuru Mania rates Larian Studio's RPG highly, giving it a score of 81% and coming to this conclusion: <br><UL><i>Overall Divine Divinity is an expansive and quite enjoyable RPG. Assuming you aren't one of those people who must have a 3D engine to get any sense of enjoyment out of the game, do not hesitate to go out and purchase this game. You will not be disappointed. There have and will alot of sleepless nights with this one.</I></UL>
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:25 pm
Saint Proverbius

You know, after reading that line about "those people who must have a 3D engine", I think this reviewer should be flogged.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:26 pm

Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Why? He makes a very valid point. Since Baldur's Gate has been released, there has always been players (and reviewers) who automatically dismiss RPGs if they are not produced with the latest 3d engines. Personally, I thought Baldur's Gate 2 had amazing graphics because they had such character and imagination, yet in most reviews the graphics were listed in the minus points. Look at the rave reviews Dungeon Siege has recieved, and contrast that with the DD reviews.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:30 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I agree, graphics is very important for me, but this doesnt mean that I need 3D graphics. Good (and DD has very good) 2d graphics is better than average 3d one.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:02 pm