Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Another newbie spotted ! A few questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Alrik Fassbauer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My Party consists of some pre-defined characters (those who came with the game ) , because Number 8 is my first Wizardry game.

My main magic character is a female bishop - I should've better taken a mage into the party, but it's quite good that way. Vi and another Valkyrie are magically trained, too, and one Samurai.

My bishop knows already "cure poison" , which has proved to be almost essential, but has also some spells not so neccessary.

Cure disease had to wait, because I considered "magic screen" more important at the last level-up. My chars are now around level 12.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:36 pm
otter
One of Us

Hint: Buy and steal (if you can) Spellbooks--conserve spell picks for the higher-level spells which have no books!
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:41 am
Alrik Fassbauer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hello, again.

Does anybodfy know how I can contact the mooks there in Arnika ? without having one in my party ?
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:06 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had trouble finding them also.

They are in a building in arnika towards the north.

Theres an entrance in the ally and a hologram to talk to.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:19 pm
otter
One of Us

right across the street from the crash.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:45 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Alrik Fassbauer
My main magic character is a female bishop - I should've better taken a mage into the party, but it's quite good that way.....

Fireball, Missile Shield and X-ray = 3 great spells available only in the mage spellbook.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:22 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by John373
quote:
My main magic character is a female bishop - I should've better taken a mage into the party, but it's quite good that way.....

Fireball, Missile Shield and X-ray = 3 great spells available only in the mage spellbook.
Enchanted Blade and Freeze Flesh / Freeze All are also valuable mage-only spells.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:51 pm
Alrik Fassbauer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks.

- First, my Samurai currently uses Fireball

My chars able to use magic are : Bishop, Samurai, and two valkyries (right spelled ?) (including Vi).

The "usual bomb-throwers" are currently a rogue and Madras, whereas the bard uses instruments.

- Second, I've already found the building in Arnika where the Mook reside; but : how do I actually contact them ? Speaking to the "Greeting Hologram" seems to be more or less useless to me ... How do I ally with them ?
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:30 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

As for the Mook, keep playing and it will become clear to you soon enough. (you can't do anything with them yet)
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:48 pm
Alrik Fassbauer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Following Yoda, heh ? "Patience you must have."

EDIT : I found out that the Hologram responds to the message that the Mook from the introductory movie is dead. I don't know, however, how many implications this on the whole game has (if any).

SPARKLE ???? Err ... who is Sparkle ? A female trynnie warrior within the Umpani ? I was so ... astonished to see (and hear) her there ...

Is she useful as an NPC ? (Well, I remember there was a kind of poll here, somewhere, about "the most useful NPC" ... )
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:08 pm
shrewgirl
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

In my opinion, and this is not an absolute, if you already have Madras you don't need to recruit Sparkle, but at different times you might want to talk to her...try going into the bar(it might have been called something else, but it looks like a bar inside)and try out Saxx, but he won't want to go into the swamp or near trang unless you telport inside-he will still complain about it though-of course if you have a bard and a gadgeteer you might not want either of them....I still took Sax because I had changed my rogue into a bard for a few levels until the rogue/bard leveled up enough to play what Sax could play...I thought he was more interesting than Sparkle.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:30 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:

SPARKLE ???? Err ... who is Sparkle ? A female trynnie warrior within the Umpani ? I was so ... astonished to see (and hear) her there ...

Is she useful as an NPC ? (Well, I remember there was a kind of poll here, somewhere, about "the most useful NPC" ... )

Most of the NPCs, but not all of them, are cowardly about certain areas you explore. But just remember that non of them are necessary to finish the game.

Though what I always do now-a-days is recruit them, take away everything I can from them, then dismiss them right then and there, and sell their goods for a profit.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:56 pm
otter
One of Us

And if you can't PP ;you can still get the sax. You just have to right-click it directly to another player's portrait and then give Sax something else from inventoory.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:38 pm
Alrik Fassbauer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

SWparkle is so far the most astonishing character for mde - a small female Trynnie who works for the Umpani ... this was what I had least expected ...
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2