a tip for the beginig a very very big spoiler
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

a tip for the beginig a very very big spoiler

PLEASE GO ON READING ONLY IF YOU PLAYED GOTHIC 2 1 TIME COMPLETE!!!!!!!!! because its a very very big spoiler

talk to the bandit when heading from xardas to khorinis before you should search the lake area go down the cave find lester in the valley and talk to him

the bandit:

speak options: answer: 2,2,2,2,2,1

go talk to maleth

well go to lobart make all quests

1. harvest the crops
2. bring the crops to his wife
accept the canthar quest doing him a favor for the papers
3. bring his wife a pan-fry
4. kill the bandits for maleth (speak first with the bandit at cave entrance)
5. give the vine from maleth to vino

you get the farmer armour for 40 Gold

now walk to khorinis you will soon see some guards dont talk to them!!!!!!!!

to your right you should see the moat of the castle move this along till it ends head then very left after that you should see some stairs going up stay in the moat and move on you should see now 2 other guards they wont let you pass dont try head now north you should meet 2 bloodflyes kill them and head up north you should see now a way heading up walk along this path at his end you will meet a scavenger which you should kill and in front of you there is a lighthouse now move towards it and you should see on your left some forest walk into it but dont fall down to your left at its end climb up the stones and move along you should now see the harbour of khorinis to your left you should see a wall jump there end enter the town now go down to harbour and meet lares he will give you 500 EXP+ and the conversation is funny now go back to the wall jump over it and make your way back to lobarts farm try to enter khorinis say to the guards you want to go to the smithy +25 XP now that was the way how to get 525 XP doing really nothing

in town canthar will ask you for the favour he wanted

tip report him to lord andre let sahra live if you are stronger in chapter 1 go to his cell and kill him if you make it right the guard will do nothing and now you will never have problems with this f****** son of a b****

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"

Last edited by liquid on Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:40 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

I know what your talking about, and its a good idea how to get to lvl2, but on chapter 1 its not easy to kill 2 bloodflies, and 3 bandits.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:00 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

I've already levelled twice before entering Khorinis for the first time, without doing the Lares-thing you mentioned. Once you've played the game some and know how to fight (when to use the different moves) it's a piece of cake to clear the "lester-forest" and the cave down there. Also, you only have to fight two bandits if you do the dialogue with the first bandit correctly. It's easy to fight rats, bloodflies, bandits, molerats, scavengers and wolves at lvl 0 as long as you know how to pull them (only get one or two at a time).
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:09 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ah and I wanted to add another little "secret area" at the start of the game. Go to the top of Xardas tower, and stand on the little walkway between the stairway-tower and the library. Then, jump down on the roof behind the tower, and jump down to the rocky ledge. Move along the ledge to the left, and you should see a corpse with some scrolls you can sell for quite a bit, and some potions.

Also, I guess you all know about the secret panel on Xardas fireplace? Well now you do.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:13 pm
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

thx sheerwolf forgot to mention it

@pikkon it is more then easy to kill them

to kill the bloodflies manage it to get attacked by only one

the 2 bandits in the cave can also be killed easy drop 2 firebolt on one of them and his dead and you have to kill only one melee

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:14 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by liquid
thx sheerwolf forgot to mention it

@pikkon it is more then easy to kill them

to kill the bloodflies manage it to get attacked by only one

the 2 bandits in the cave can also be killed easy drop 2 firebolt on one of them and his dead and you have to kill only one melee

liquid,

Are you saying that you can get 500 exp. for sneaking into town the VERY FIRST time without talking to the guards? That's interesting. This game is full of surprises.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:12 pm
scooter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

An easier way into the town, is to just walk behind the right
guard at the front gate.

You can do this with some other guards in the game, which means you can advance to chapter 2 and beyond without having to join any guilds or whatever.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:45 pm
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

@ elkston

yes im saying this. you cant even get 500 XP easyer than this way

Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:23 am
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

In fact, after entering Khorinis and learning the lockpicking skill from Khorben, I don't think anythings stopping us from swimming directly to the treasure island and getting rich? Then you can afford all kinds of equipment and potions you need to make levelling easy early on.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:13 pm
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

ohh yeahh there will try 7 lizards to stop you but if you are a level 4 char you can kill them easy

Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:26 pm