Thank you Gothic Dot!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
GTaher
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you Gothic Dot!

Thanks to this forum, I have found someone who will deliver me NotR (well Gothic 2 Gold actually) to the UK.

You have made me a very happy man cause I thought Gothic 1 and 2 were among the best RPGs I have played. Quasi-action controls not the best, but storyline, characters, voice acting, interactivity of the world...forget about it!

I think the Gothic games put Elder Scrolls to shame and offer a "realistic" fantasy world where no faction is really "good".

Well...enough gushing...thanks for the tip and the link! I will let you know how it goes once I get it.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:09 pm
noah
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I for one equally enjoy both The Elder Scrolls and Gothic and ultimately am glad that I have a choice and a variety of RPGs to choose from. It's hard work trying to make a game that pleases everybody all the time. We all have different takes on the genre and I appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into these incredibly rich and complicated undertakings no matter what company is at the helm.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:54 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Glad the infos in our forum were helpful to you. I hope everything turns out well.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:14 pm
superninja
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ok
Build Monastery!But don't know whose 3D studio Max to Use.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:31 am
GTaher
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you...

Noah,

You are right. I also really liked Elder Scrolls (not equally though) and it had many good points. I definetly want a variety of RPGs (regular ones not MMOs) to choose from, they could churn em out at about three times the rate and I would buy almost all of them.

However, while Elder Scrolls gives you more freedom and chances to tweak characters I think the world comes across a little lifeless compared to the Goths.

Here's hoping that won't be the case with Oblivion, which seems to have borrowed alot of ideas from Gothic 1 & 2 (daily schedules for NPCs, lots to speech, etc.)

Lots to look forward to in 06 then (Oblivion, Gothic 3, NWN2?, Witcher?).
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:31 pm