Strategy for Gothic2.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Strategy for Gothic2.

Im on the 5th chaper of Gothic2.Im a paladin knight with 105 strength/85 dexerity/weapons protection is 90 with a Dragon slayer sword.
Now here's my tip(if your character is weak or not strong enough and you encounter say two or three orgs:now to defeat them with a bit of strategy
run up close enough to them and when they notice you turn around and run down the path:keep running until you hear their roar behind you and stop two or three secs after the roar:then run up towards the orgs as they are walking away:usually only one or two orgs will run toward you:run up toward them slashing and make a hit then turn around and run down the path again:stop 2 or three secs after their roar then run at them again slashing and make a hit.
Keep doing this until their Life gauge is low and then anyone can defeat them.
Using this strategy anyone can gain in experience points.

I fought with all my heart but died in tragedy
Now I live to get stronger using strategy.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:26 am
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Strategy for Gothic2.

There are simpler solutions to orcs than this my friend

When orcs see you, they always run up towards you and do a running attack. Simply sidestep their attack and slash them while they recover. If you're facing a whole army, however, just lead them to a strong NPC and let him do the work for you.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:26 am
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If I lead the orgs to a strong NPC,they would kill the orgs but I would not gain the experience points.Doing it my way takes a little longer but it pays off in the end.I built up strength to 122/weapons protection 100/dexerity 100/armor 100.I can beat 3 orgs in close combat now and I don't need to use my strategy trick anymore.I wipe out the whole org camp and gain pleny of experience points.I'm at chap.5 now and who's going to take me on?
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:09 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

First, they're ORC's, not orgs Other then that, as a paladin, why waste time running like this? Paladin combat runes hurt orcs quite nicely, use them. Load up the rune, then move towards orcs. Try to stay at maximum range from closest orc, and blast it with the spell. Usually, since other orcs are out of range and do not see you, only one will charge (and sometimes even this one doesn't charge, as it can't figure out where the smack came from), the one you just blasted. While it's running, you can blast it couple of more times, and then switch to sword. So by the time the orc reaches you, it will be quite damaged and a hit or two from the sword will finish it.

Of course, it depends whether you play G2 or G2+add-on, because the paladin runes damage only "evil" targets and to non-evil targets, they do nothing. In G2 you can hit orcs, wargs, and few other mobs with these and damage them. In G2+add-on, however, the targets are more limited: you can hit orcs and seekers for example, but to wargs and few other targets it doesn't do anything. Because they're not "evil", they're just predators. In any case, if you have standard G2, then it should be easier, as more targets can be damaged with paladin runes and they have also less HP then with the add-on.

Other then that, you sure have bad stats.. Did you not find different potions throughout the game? Stat increasing plants? Different foods which increase the STR? Or didn't you spend any LP points into stats? In general, when I played, I raised stats to 100 with LP points and after that used other means to get these higher, so in CH5 I had already close or over 200 STR, around 150 DEX or more and so on. No worries though, when you play the game next time, you'll know more about it already and it will be easier to raise the stats
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:34 am
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes...Runestone

Yes I found a good few Potions thruout the Game and Stat increasing plants:
goblin berries,dragonroots etc.
You're right about the runestones:I need them now:I had to create a runestone of teleportation:I got to enter a door on a Island not far from the Harbor and by the way I can't find the Island:there's Islands out there but I don't know which one:I search them all then maybe I got to swim out further.
There a building out there call the Halls of Irdorath as far as I know and maybe it's hidden on one of the Islands.How about you have you been there?
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Yes...Runestone

Uhhh, getting to the halls of Irdorath takes place around chapter 6, and you're gonna need a hell of a boat to get there *hint hint*
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:03 pm
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got the Hint so its back to the Game!
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:33 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Just a tip from me for the next time you will play: Don't waste any LP on dexterity. If you decide to be a swordsman, train only strength and melee skills, nothing else. Dexterity is useless in gothic games because it doesn't give you any bonuses like in other frps - it affects only skills with bow.

And one more thing: save the plants and potions until you reach 100 STR/DEX and use them later, because you can't train your STR anymore once you reach 100 so plants and potions are the only possible way to increas your STR further. btw, eating 50 apples gives you another +1 STR too.. If you'll train like this the next time you play you will be able to reach well over the 150 STR (my record was about 185 STR with a Dragon Hunter in original Gothic2 and way over the 200 STR in the add-on).
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:08 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

But if you are a magician spend all your lp on mana.
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:47 pm
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Elixer of Strength

Another way of getting more then 100 str.

ITPO_PERM_STR :Elixer of Strength
I stopped at 245 Str.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:16 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

But that's cheating and playng without cheats is more challenging.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:48 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

playing with cheats isnīt challenging al all and if you are so eager to finish the that you start using cheats you are not a real gamer and i guess it wont be satisfactionary to finish a game with cheats!
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:24 pm
BILL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I finished the game once without cheats...

On my second time playing the Game I use cheats because the Game itself is very long & by the way ye Guys should lighten up:if I choose to use cheats in a game than I choose to have a bit of fun with the Game

You know you tried your very best
But you ended up with all that stress
If all your fun came down to a zero
Than use the cheats to be a conquering hero...
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:34 am