Moving from chapter 3 to 4
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kooch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Moving from chapter 3 to 4

I am curious as to what event triggers the change between the 2 chapters.

I am also not sure if I am stuck in a story bug. After getting the document from the castle I came back to the city but never spoke to Xardas. I instead gave the thing to the leader of the paladins. I also went to teh monestary and found out about the eye of innos. Than, about 3 hours later I came upon the guy who gives me the rune to Xardas and tells me to see him. I talked to him and he told me to do those things I have already done ajnd there were no other options for things to do. What do I do next?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:04 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Moving from chapter 3 to 4

Go to the monastery. Give Lord Hagen's letter to Milten and he'll give you the key to the monastery. Now, talk to Pyrokar. Follow the quest Pyrokar gives you.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:09 am
kooch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have already done that quest (bring some dude back to the monestary right?) so what next? what is the trigger?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:22 am
kooch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh and I also got the mercanary out of the jail in the barracks and completed the quest to get the judge imprisoned. Do I have to maybe find Diego's gold to move on?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:26 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by kooch
I have already done that quest (bring some dude back to the monestary right?) so what next? what is the trigger?

Well, giant spoiler: I don't know if the quest Pyrokar gives you is to "bring some dude back to the monestary". He tells you to find the Eye of Innos at the Circle of the Sun. Find it. Bring that amulet back to Pyrokar. Report to Xardas about the amulet. Ask Vatras for advice.

quote:
Oh and I also got the mercanary out of the jail in the barracks and completed the quest to get the judge imprisoned. Do I have to maybe find Diego's gold to move on?

It's not necessary for the main quest, but you'll have a really good teacher once you've finished Diego's quests.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:27 am
kooch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Well, giant spoiler: I don't know if the quest Pyrokar gives you is to "bring some dude back to the monestary". He tells you to find the Eye of Innos at the Circle of the Sun. Find it. Bring that amulet back to Pyrokar. Report to Xardas about the amulet. Ask Vatras for advice.

Problem is he never tells me that. ALl he says is "you know what you must do" or something along those lines
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:32 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Problem is he never tells me that. ALl he says is "you know what you must do" or something along those lines

Giant spoiler again: Well, who says that? Xardas? Have you talked to Vatras? Did he leave the city?

[edit]: If the person who says that is Xardas, then I know which problem you're having. He's saying that you're too weak to advance to the next chapter. Try advance to the higher guilds (e.g. if you're militia, upgrade to paladin). To do this, you must free Bennett the smith by proving him innocent. You may start by asking Lord Hagen who's giving him the false evidence. Once you'd upgraded to the higher guilds, return to Xardas again and he'll go to the Circle of the Sun.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:37 am
Jack Sisco
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!
did u recharge the eye? you have to bring a representative of each of the three gods, and also 3 herbs of swampweed, to the sun circle to rechare it.....after that u can recieve instuctions...bla bla bla(listen to them thow)...then you can set off into the 4th chapter.
!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!
wave came.
Both: lol
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:02 am
Ansgarr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have the 3 representatives, ive got the herbs but im still missing the smith. It ainīt the smith in korhinis so it must be the the smith at onarīs farm. Problem is that he and his appretice has vanished!!!!

Talked to all the ppl at onarīs farm and noones mentionens his dissapearernce..

Any1 know where to find him?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:17 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ansgarr
Any1 know where to find him?

You mean Bennett? The prison at the barracks of the city.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:27 pm
Jack Sisco
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yes go talk to bennet in the prision(left of lord Andre) set him free!!!
wave came.
Both: lol
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:24 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can't set him free just by pressing the switch, though. Talk to Lord Hagen and ask him for the person who blame the murder to Bennett. Talk to that person (hint: upstairs of town hall) and ask him for evidence.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:27 pm