Question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Taerdin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Question...

How do you take screenshots? I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time... but all I end up doing is causing my game to crash... help please...

Thanks in advance!
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:23 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

First aquire such a program.. May I recommend SnagIt 6(you have a shareware for dl-ing on their site).
Basically, the procedure is the same for all such programs: the input is directx content.
For snagit, you can set series of output files(like file00-99 and so on), so you can play the game, and snag allong .
Be aware, though, screens from gothic will be "unadjusted' when you first look at them(poor exposure, contrast); the settings you establish for gameplay don't have any effect on the image you snag. But dunnot worry. A little cosmetic surgery will do the trick, and you can do it within snagit as well.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:21 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

In case you need a good tool to take screenshots with, you might want to check out the Ultima Online Screenshot Utility (UOSU).
V 1.6: http://www.af.wakwak.com/~space/uosoft/uosu.html
V 1.33 and instructions: http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:25 am
Taerdin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by HWFanatiC
First aquire such a program.. May I recommend SnagIt 6(you have a shareware for dl-ing on their site).
Basically, the procedure is the same for all such programs: the input is directx content.
For snagit, you can set series of output files(like file00-99 and so on), so you can play the game, and snag allong .
Be aware, though, screens from gothic will be "unadjusted' when you first look at them(poor exposure, contrast); the settings you establish for gameplay don't have any effect on the image you snag. But dunnot worry. A little cosmetic surgery will do the trick, and you can do it within snagit as well.

Where can I go about getting this snagit? Or do you think I should use the other thing that Jaz recommended? I don't want it to be too complicated... and I want good quality screen shots... what should I use?!? *goes insane*
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:47 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Oh,..sorry..

click me!

As for that other program, I will definitely give it a try..(I mean take a look at it's name ); but can't give you any info for the time being..

EDIT: Aw, if you want quality pics, use the max resolution and max colours (no matter if it runs slow that way; you're snapping a single shot..).
The quality will not differ from program to program(because of the directx) only the interface will.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:10 pm
Taerdin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

One last thing... how do I actually take screenshots while in Gothic? Is there a certain button I press or something?

Also this thing only has a 30 day free trial thing... is there one that lasts forever? (and is free?)

Thanks in advance.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I don't know about snagit, but UOSU is free. You'll have to start UOSU, define both a key to take the screenies with and a folder where the pictures will be stored in advance, then fire up the game in question. You'll take a screenshot by pressing this predefined key. Just don't close UOSU before you start the game, it has to run in the background.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:29 pm
Taerdin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok then... I think I'm gonna try Jaz's screen shot taker thing...

Sounds good, thanks man!
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:08 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Taerdin
One last thing... how do I actually take screenshots while in Gothic? Is there a certain button I press or something?

Jaz said it all; same thing for all the apps.
quote:
Originally posted by Taerdin
Also this thing only has a 30 day free trial thing... is there one that lasts forever? (and is free?)

Well,..
Would you give up your pc for free ?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:03 am
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

Hello

You need SnagIt to take screenshots.

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:47 pm