Usergroups
help with the first chapter
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Andrea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can't beat kirgo and karim in the arena and I'm having problems with the wolves.
Should I buy armor from Fisk. I,m using Nek's axe, shoul I buy another weapon?
Thanks for your help.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:46 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

You should buy the best things ass posible.
I'm only lvl 4, can't join any camp yet, but i bought a digger revenge (sword 20 damage) and the diggers paints.
getting money is easy.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 11:53 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You cannot beat the 2 fighters in the arena, its a sub-quest to get some support to join the old-camp.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 1:12 pm

You actually can beat the first fighter in the arean. I beat him at level 4/5 after pumping up strenght and getting a good axe. The top figher, however, kicks your butt hard. But to get support in the old camp, you just have to challenge (and loose to) him.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 3:13 pm

Noble
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*weapon cheat/spoiler*
if you want a great weapon to start the game with try this. at a gate into the orc lands there are 2 guards.go into the orclands,let some orc dogs, or orc warriors spot you and chase you.(try a long distance spell scroll like firebolt. it will give you plenty of time to run awawy safely) then run past the guards. the guards will attack the orc dogs or warriors, the dogs/warriors will attack the guards. it will take a couple of tries and runs,but eventually the dogs/warriors will kill a guard. you can then take his sword and crossbow. another great weapon is in the orclands where the orc shaman(shamen?) are. when the 'change into bloodfly' spell scroll becomes available get as many as you can. use it to fly around the orc camps, they wont bother you as a bloodfly. at the area with the orc shamen fly inside the cave, in a jail cell is a skeleton with a 92dmg 2h(need 70 str to use it) sword. change back to human get the sword,change back to bloodfly and fly away free and safe.
Post Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:08 pm
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i beat kirgo, but i had the best sword fist sold, the best armor (digger's trousers?), a high strength rating and a level 2 in one handed weapons. you just gotta hit him with the side side attacks real fast and not give him a chance to hit you. trying blocking too, it helps with practice.
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:25 pm
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

yeah don't worry to much about beating the shit outta the arena fighters, the wolves will get the taste of steel later on in the game, trust me, you'll be able to take on 9 wolves at once laughing as you slice through their flesh

when your first starting don't try to piss to many people off, this can deny you of certain upgrades in the camp, ie Fingers not wanting to teach you how to steal, if money is a problem learn how to pick locks ( 10 skill points ), and just start shuffling through peoples stuff, you'll soon end up with enough money to buy anything you need
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:51 pm