Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC/Xbox 360) - E3 Preview @ Games
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC/Xbox 360) - E3 Preview @ Games

Games Domain has kicked up a <a href="http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/pc/the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion/preview/117908" target="_blank">preview</a> of 'Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion':<blockquote><em>The 360's marquee RPG is undoubtedly The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the sequel to the highly regarded Morrowind. Bethesda has once again reinvented its series, with this release already three years in development. The story begins with the player in prison, but that soon changes thanks to the intervention of Emperor Uriel Septim, voiced by Patrick Stewart. For this huge story, Bethesda has created 50 hours of voice acting, which takes up half the DVD... leaving room for incredible graphics.</em></blockquote>
Post Wed May 25, 2005 6:03 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
There will be plenty of dungeon crawling -- 200 have been modeled for the game

Blech. To me this implies that the dungeons will be the same short, utterly forgettable non-affairs that the dungeons in Morrowind were. How about, instead of 200 tiny generic dungeons, a dozen or so big unique ones of varying difficulty? That would be, what's that word? Oh yeah, fun.
Post Wed May 25, 2005 6:40 pm

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Some players were waxing nostalgic for Daggerfall's enormous dungeons on the offical forums some time ago, and one of the devs implied that Oblivion's will be much bigger than Morrowind's, Tribunal's and Bloodmoon's. Personally I hated DF's dungeons, though that may be because they were randomly generated every time you entered.
Post Wed May 25, 2005 7:21 pm

yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Oh yeah, I do remember that about Daggerfall. It sure was annoying when the dungeon would reset just because you accidentally exited when you just meant to drop off loot. But what a sense of satisfaction when you finally got all the way to the bottom of some huge (albeit random) dungeon and found that vampire or whatever. Good times.

I guess I just like big dungeons. It must have been Eye of the Beholder.
Post Wed May 25, 2005 7:57 pm
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Larger dungeons were indeed mentioned, lets hope its true. A good thing is that there are decent traps this time, should make dungeons a lot more interesting.
Post Fri May 27, 2005 12:04 am