Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do I enable magic? (no cheating, English full version)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NT
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:26 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

select a scroll, press #3 on keyboard then use the same keys you use for attack.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:50 pm
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-11-23 13:50, MC_Renzy wrote:
select a scroll, press #3 on keyboard then use the same keys you use for attack.

Nono, I mean the real stuff, using runes. I have afirebolt rune, but when I try to use it I get the message I need one more magic level to use it.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:03 pm

You need to practice your magician skils. You can do it with exp.points-
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:12 pm

Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-11-23 14:12, Anonymous wrote:
You need to practice your magician skils. You can do it with exp.points-

So who trains you in magician skills?
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:14 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You have to get into the castle and talk to the mages. Give them the letter and inexchange you can increase your magic, with skill points of course. I do not have the full version so this is about as much as I can help you.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:16 pm
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-11-23 14:16, MC_Renzy wrote:
You have to get into the castle and talk to the mages. Give them the letter and inexchange you can increase your magic, with skill points of course. I do not have the full version so this is about as much as I can help you.

I already did that. Increasing your magic means you haave a bigger supply of mana, but it dosn't enable your magic. Theres a little section on my character sheet that says magic: no I assume that says yes, or a number showing you what circle you can cast from if you have magical talent. If anybody knows how to get this, please let me know!
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:21 pm
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looks like I have to join the brotherhood to get magic. I thought I heard somewhere that you get it late in the game as an old camp member and earliest as a sleeper. Though I still don't know who to talk to to actually get the training in the circles...
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:50 pm
MafioZo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I didn't train magic much, but I think you can train that skill in New Camp.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:53 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-11-23 14:50, Feral wrote:
Looks like I have to join the brotherhood to get magic. I thought I heard somewhere that you get it late in the game as an old camp member and earliest as a sleeper. Though I still don't know who to talk to to actually get the training in the circles...

All three camps have their own sort of magic.
The mages donīt train everybody! As you said, Runes are the real thing. You have to prove you are worthy of the magesī attention.
If nobody offered you to become a mage, you are simply not far enough into the game. So be patient and SAVE before explicitly making career decisions.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:10 pm
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-11-23 15:10, Gorath wrote:
quote:

On 2001-11-23 14:50, Feral wrote:

All three camps have their own sort of magic.
The mages donīt train everybody! As you said, Runes are the real thing. You have to prove you are worthy of the magesī attention.
If nobody offered you to become a mage, you are simply not far enough into the game. So be patient and SAVE before explicitly making career decisions.

Ok, thanks. Was worried I made a mistake or something. Fortunately I saved before becoming a shadow. Trying out the nsleeper camp now. They seem to be the most magic oriented.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:20 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Shadow is okay.
But watch your next career move and talk to all the important people before signing a new contract.
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:37 pm
Feral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-11-23 15:37, Gorath wrote:
Shadow is okay.
But watch your next career move and talk to all the important people before signing a new contract.

Ok, I've got one bhall left to impress. To impress him I have to cast a sleep spell on one of his followers. I have no magic to do this. The Very same bhall I'm trying to impress is the jerk that sells scrolls (one of which is sleep I presume) but he won't talk to me because I haven't impressed him yet! Anybody know how to get a sleep scroll other than bhall cadar?
Post Fri Nov 23, 2001 10:05 pm