View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Chaotikmind
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Quick Question about Icewind Dale 2

Hey what's up everyboday,

Hope y'all are doing well. I have a question about icewind dale 2. My friend keeps talking about it, but I have never heard of it. I tired to look at the website http://icewind2.blackisle.com but I can't load the pictures. Anyone else having that problem? Anyhow, I wa just wodnering if any heard of this game or has it. What do you think about it?

Thanks,
Chaotikmind
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:32 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Moved it.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:07 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i Have the game. its really good. people complain about the graphics but i love them. Very artistic. Also....THE COMBAT is great. But the best part I think is the dialogue. never before have i been so captivated by voice acting and dialogue. This is a must buy
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:09 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I visit the Black Isle boards a bit but I've never noticed a problem with the websites (the boards are a different matter). Perhaps try linking from the main www.blackisle.com site.

IWD2 is the latest (and last) of the D&D-licensed games based on the Baldurs Gate Infinity Engine. If you've played any of the BG series you'll have a good idea what it's like. The IWD series is a traditional combat-heavy dungeon-crawl.

If you haven't played any of the series, but are either a D&D fan or just like high-fantasy isometric RPGs, you should have a look. Click on the Locus Inn link on the left (under hosted sites) and you'll find a bunch of reviews and other info.
Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:35 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

If you enjoy a great deal (and I mean a gread deal) of mindless battle, then you might enjoy this game. And, btw, if you do NOT like D&D rules, you will not like the game. I found the game to be listless, tedius and boring after the first hour or so of playing.
Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:07 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i didn't find the game enthralling. i felt like the character creation was far too canned & hollow. also, the combat didn't capture my attention either. i felt like a giant watching a couple of ants pick away at one another over little more than a few bread crumbs. also, the text didn't draw me into the game or excite me to battle. rather, it felt like a bunch of silly nondescript nonsense. this game offers nothing new to the hack & slash rpg genre & to be totally fair never promised anything new. so, i guess it delivers what it promises...
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:31 pm