High Emperor
High Emperor

23 reads and no comments...See ya!

[ This Message was edited by: Ragnar on 2001-11-03 12:12 ]
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:15 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

You know, I thought out of 22 people that viewed my post I would have gotten at least one comment…pro or con. In the last two weeks, I have read every post on this board about Gothic. There is one thing that stands out…there were no opinions on how to add to the enjoyment and experience of the game except the ones about adding support for other input devices. I’ll admit this is my first real experience with an RPG. I never really liked there complex, TV tube like interface.

Let me take that back. I did play RGPs. The fist there ever was to recollection. That being Zork (all of them), Hitchhiker and others but they were text based and took a longtime drawing maps and the like. As the gaming industry evolved I came to like to the FPSs. After all we spend our whole lives dealing with the world in the first person…it felt natural. They were kind of lame, running around killing people (no plot there), but fun. Especially with the advent of multiplayer games such as LMS, CTF & Coop. Things got better with the Action/Adventure games. They added a plot (sort of), threw in puzzles and battles and made the game interesting. Some of them are now classics and I think we all have played them at one time or the other.

I think Gothic has the potential to become a classic and with the input of the players, it surely will. PB has done an excellent job but there is always room to enhance the game. A good company will always welcome the input of the masses. After all, without them, the company would be short lived. Believe me; I have learned this first hand. Gothic has just started. I think if we all contribute to a forum on what we like or don’t like and what we would like to see in future releases or Mods, the game could evolve to being one of the all time greats.

I’m just a little disappointed that no one had an opinion about my idea for Mud…

Sylvio
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 4:05 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Dissappointed or not, I don't think you should have erased your post and whined about it. Just add another post and bump it to the top if you really want to talk about it. Sometimes it just takes one persons reply to get a big discussion going on. I never read your original post, and I guess I never will.
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 5:23 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gee…I didn’t think I was whining about it. I was just stating a view point. I guess one mans view is another mans whine…whatever. As for the post, I have it on my server at work. I will repost it and see what happens.

Sylvio
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 5:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

May be it was just bad timing . Most peolpe don´t post here over the weekend. 22 views is probably less than 10 different people.
I read it, but I didn´t take the time to respond. Thought I first finish the Gothic map and... blabla. You know all those excuses.

This whole discussion about Mud is old news for all the German speaking peolple here. So you should wait with the repost until the game is released in the US, I think.

PB asked for feedback in the German boards months ago, when they decided to produce an AddOn. I assume it took them weeks to read it all . All the English speaking peolpe here are not really qualified to give feedback on the _full_ version now.

I agree with you on the FPS stuff. FPSs got a lot better during the last few years. RPGs had a lack of innovation for many years.
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 7:13 pm