goblins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
hugh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

goblins

Hi everyone. Actually, I'm new here, so I don't know much about these forums. I read that post with the 'mud' subject and enjoyed a lot. It was really interesting. This forum is different than other forums on net which are so boring. Well I wanted to ask one thing. I'm at the bridge with 'Talas' I've already dealt with the goblins that appear there, and now will have to go to that cave full of them. It's really hard to kill them. I have low xp and noy much strength to fight. I tried the technique of shooting arrows from a distance but then all come together to attack me. Does any of u know how to deal with them easily so I can get the 'Almanac'.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:59 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forums.

You could load an old save game (before you're doing the almanac quest) and solve some quests you haven't solved or just go hunting for some extra XP..

If you're oke with cheating you could try inserting the almanac.
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:09 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I stuck at it, but i kept trying, you know.
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:53 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Me to, I died several times before beating them all.
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:38 pm
hugh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm . I don't like to cheat verymuch but this is getting hard. Where should I insert "almanac". On any console or status screen? And should I install any patch before cheating? Hey I wanted to ask how to search for solutions here. I tried the 'mud' in search. Chose gothic as category and forum etc. but couldn't find the ways to kill that poor guy. or it might be really far or ahead in the other posts. didn't check them all .
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:23 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

just lure mud away into a small cave close to town en beat him there, than you can choose, let him live (he want enoy you anymore) or kill him, for the goblin part 2 things you can do: keep trying or go and try to level a bit
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:29 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Yup, EDV is right, you need to get some extra XP and strength to beat those annoying goblins. Also when confronting the goblins, do not go directly into their trap...there are a few more hidden among the bushes and the cave.

go somewhere middle of the bridge and lure them out, bit by bit with some arrows and it will be much easier. You might have to try a couple of time.

Have you killed those 5 lizards nearby? They yield some nice XP points.
By the way, I assume you joined the Brotherhood? I like their armour, pretty solid. Once you get some good str & and nice weapon it will be easy.
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:31 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums!

I also think you should get more strength, a better weapon, a better armour or a combination of this.

Normally you should now be developed enough to beat those goblins in 2 or 3 tries. If this is impossible I would suggest you load a save before accepting the almanach quest and work on your char. If you donīt want to do this you can simply activate god mode (type "guardian" into the char screen; "42" or "guardian" again deactivates it) and get the almanach. Then save in another slot and go leveling (after delivering ?).
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:11 am
hugh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanx everyone. I made it. I lured them all towards the bridge with the arrow trick and killed them one or two times each and then ranaway from them until they went back. Ususally I would climb that little rock near the bridge and no goblin could reach there. But after I got the Alamanac and gave it to Cor Kalom, it was too late to go back to old camp to tell this to raven. I watched the innovation scene and now this guy wouldn't talk to Raven about it (I'm in the oldcamp). Hey BTW how do I know what avatars are avaialable. In the gallary there were also those avatars which are in use.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:44 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there hugh,

If you go to the top of the page and select profile then avatar control panel then choose the avatar pic you like then submit, it should all work o.k.

Let's see what choice you make
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:11 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You won't know which avatar is already in use - as the gallery contains public avatars only which can be used by whoever wants to use them (so multiple copies of the same avatar can exist in the forums). To be sure you get a public avatar nobody else has, your best option would be to browse the forums and look if somebody else picked the one you want to use...

As for custom avatars and titles, look in this sticky thread.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:55 am
hugh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanx Wulf and Jazz. There were many cool avatars there, specially the ones from resident evil and takken. But since I joined for Gothic so I selected one from that game
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:09 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Har har. I had no problems at any point of the game. Except at the very start when i tried to find the orc hammer from the mountain fort boy was i stupid.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:02 pm