Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How duzz the Mana/magic work???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

i dunno, but i can't seem to find out how the magic/mana works... for example i have

mana 5/25 how can i have more than 5 mana ??
i wana burn dat guy named Shriko at the New camp, so i can have that house yo....i have 30 exp points,...so i go to cronos and tell him i needz more magic power..but i don't have more after i've spend like 20 exp points...when i try to use that fire magic i just don't have enough power...i want the 5 to get higher how??? i can only use the sleepsing spell but when i wanta use the other 2 i recieved from the baal there...i cant cause ihave not enough power...well..i can use alittle but defintly not enough..help pleaze
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:35 pm

one more thingze

Kor Chalom told me to try to stop the weed producing in the New Camp, how do i do dat?
i've already been around the camp talked to folks..how can i stop them from doing the weed??? kill all the pasents working there
? lol....
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:46 pm

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah i'd like to know that too, i still haven't figured out the whole magic thing yet, i can use magic but like that person said...not enough power/mana for other spells, and the part about the weed producing in the NC , i don't know what to do either.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:54 pm

So anyone know this? please answer this cause thiz iz the only board that really has good topics and replies..can't say that about the gamefaqs gothic forum.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:08 pm

Hellooooooooooooo? is it that hard to answer this question?
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 5:51 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Just the opposite. If you want fast answers you can use the search button to the right of the dragon.

Magic works like every other weapon. Fulfil the requirements, equip it, remember the hotkey, select the spell/weapon, use it.

Sleep or drink a potion to fill up your mana.
Invest some learning points to increase mana.

For more info search or read the FAQ mentioned in the walkthrough thread.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:02 pm

ok thanx for that, helped me out alot...i didn't know sleeping increased mana ..one more thing i really need to know.

what do i have to do to complete Khalom's task, to stop weed producing in the New camp? i really can't figure it out myself..and i rather not take a walktrough for it...it will spoil too much for me....
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:28 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This quest is quite simple. Find them, save before you talk to them and help them understand that such a business is not good for their health.

The only problem is an AI bug. Kalom offers you two quests. Only take one and collect the XP, then ask for the next quest or he might not accept your report for the weed monopoly quest.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:44 pm

well...

what i did when i got my sect outfit from Khalom was, i asked if he had any other tasks, and he said both the weed monopoly and bring gomez some weed...but i still don't get it..you say, find them, talk to them...who is them? i talked to all the peasants there...
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:49 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

They are in a cave near the lake _outside_ the camp.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:53 pm

oh wait a minute..those are the fools that got mad when i entered their cave awhile back, without any pardon he attacked me...
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:57 pm

aw too bad..when i go to those weed mixers..all they tell me is get lost..probably cause i talked to lester first and now i'm in the next chapter..
Hey gorath since you helped me out...what happens when you ask the people to stop their weed producing in the cave? i mean..
you got exp points of course...but what does really happen....do they really stop the weed producing then?? i can't find this out anymore cause i haven;t got a savegame from it anymore.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 8:37 pm

gorath, what happens after it..i don't have a savegame for it anymore...so if i wanna see it i gotta start over on another savegame, but if you're willing to tell me what happens...i just like to know..
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:12 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs an unimportant side quest.
Here is the section from the FAQ:

#9 Find Jacko in the New Camp (his cave is located next to the fisher huts
outside the main gate)
- What is this information worth to you = 95 Ore / 500 Xp
- Templars is coming = 500 xp
- Put an end to the business = 80x30 AND YOU WONT SOLVE THE QUEST!!! (BUG)

#10 With the first and second option above, talk to Cor Kalom for 750 xp

Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:32 am

yeah, jacko...i've found him but all he says is get lost..nothing more
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:20 pm