Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Something I really, really wish I'd done. (spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Something I really, really wish I'd done. (spoiler)

Hi. I'd always inteded to be a merc but I did the Join the Old Camp quests as far as I could upto speaking with Gomez. That way I can enter the castle at will and also loot it. I was quite pleased with myself. I'd also planned to use two handed so I was pleased when I found a rusty two hander in a chest in the smithy. I didn't realize I'd have to wait until much later in the game before getting a better one. What I also didn't realize was there's way better ones in chests in the armory, but there's a guard watching. What I should have done is use the sleep scroll that I got fairly early on (but can't remember where) on the guard and swiped a sword but I used it to impress one of the gurus thinking I'd be able to buy another one (I just wanted the experience of impressing all the gurus). Ah well.

What a great game though. I loved everything about it (except the bugs, and the language was a bit too contemporary and it would have been nice to have some quests or something relating to the girls). The only thing that really sucks is that it doesn't go on forever. At some point you finish it and think "wow, that was great, but what the hell do I do for a life now?"

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my posts. Game on.
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:29 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If your bored, you can play Gothic2 .
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:41 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Whoops. I reloaded an early game to see if I could just swipe a sword and run away with it but the chests are locked. I guess you'd have to pickpocket Gomez. Sorry about that.

And yeah I think I will just play G2 again. I was gonna wait for either a patch or the addon but I don't think I can. I'm hooked and must have more now!
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:54 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

one of the great things about gothic is that it can be played almost a countless amount of time whit out ever getting boring .. i just started a new game in G1 and when im done i'll most likely play G2 till the addon comes out in english
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:13 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes G1 was great. I remember researching the whole area and every single spot. But think about G2. It's got twice as much big world as G1. Ive been playing G2 for a month and I still don't know exactly the whole map . There's always some thing new and intheresting that I find.
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:08 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I got warrior's voice in chapter one by beating up the leader of free mine. It does 96 damage! I can kill minecrawler with one blow and minecrawler queen with 4 hits.
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:55 pm