Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finishing Gothic for 2nd time. Have some questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Locutus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Finishing Gothic for 2nd time. Have some questions.

I'm just about to enter Chapter 6 and finish Gothic for the 2nd time. I played as a Mage and Warrior this time. I think that's the way to go. Being a mage is so much better than being a ranger. I had some questions that I would like to get answered if I could:

1) Is there anywhere at the start of the game where I can get many pieces of raw metal so I can make my own swords? I could then sell them. If I could get enough pieces of metal, this would be a faster way of getting money at the start of the game than robbing chests.

2) There are 3 spells I can't figure out how to use: Fear, Charm, and Control. I thought Fear would make the npc run away scared but it doesn't. When I cast them they do absolutely nothing, so how do I use them?

3) Slot 1 is for a sword or axe, 2 is for a bow or crossbow and 4 - 10 is for any spell or magic sroll. Why isn't there a 3? I noticed that if I push 3 while playing, it will activate whatever 4 is. I think 3 should be for another spell or scroll.

Thanks.
Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:28 pm
RoiDanton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

1.) There is a chest at the smithy in the old camp (not the smithy in the castle). There are raw metal and swords inside.
Or take raw material which is in the chest at the smithy in the swamp camp.

2.) If i´m right then someone does nothing when you use fear. but it has time limit.
Charm makes someone friendly to you, i think.

3.) 3 = last activated spell
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:02 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

yeah robbing the swamp camp smithy is the first thing i do.You get quite rich through that
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:48 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Damn the guys from Jowood forums are trying to invade RPGDot forums.Fight 'em back.Kamahl what the f(u)ck you are the king of spam man.
719 posts in like 3-4 monts????Dear god.
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:10 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

YEah its quite a lot....i have only 273 plus this post
Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:15 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Aye, the smith you should rob is Stone. The two chests there will give you more than enough cash for most of the game. Also, you can climb the tower in Gomez' castle(in Bartholos' room), and loot the chests. That will give you a ton of cash.

The easiest way however is to knock down all the merchants in the New Camp, and robbing them. The guards there will do nothing. You can also knock down Lares or Silas and grab their axes(Lares has a 65damage axe, Silas a 55 damage axe). Noone will do anything as long as you stick to beating up the rogues.

This is, of course, a very cheap way of doing it. I'd say stick to the first one, since it's at least almost honest, hehe.

Also, yeah that's a lot of posts, but not impossible if you're really active(and during the holiday something like that is possible).

And by the way - hello to everyone I haven't seen before. It's good to see that the spoiler forums is still working wonders for people, just like it always has, despite most of the oldies being gone or in different forums.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:00 am