Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
First big fight - Torture Master - how to kill him?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

First big fight - Torture Master - how to kill him?

I'm a lowly sword slasher and am just starting the game. I game across a wiseguy talking skull. He wants me to kill the Torture Master in the next room. He is talking to a little Imp, when he's done he comes over and knocks the crap out of me and my sidekick. He seems to regenerate health points during the battle, so how do I kill him?
Post Fri May 21, 2004 2:01 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I found him fairly easy during the demo but dreadfully hard during the game. Apart from making sure you have rested for max health and mana, explored everywhere else so you have as many potions as possible and have started to develop a magic damage skill with one of your chars...

...there's a switch (IIRC) on the north wall that opens a door on the south with health and mana shrines in the room beyond. I had my melee char keep the torturer busy while the other char flicked the switch, then when I ran out of potions I ran like hell to the shrines to get a top-up. With lots of pausing I just managed.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 1:25 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I guess I'm not ready to meet him yet, cause my melee character gets killed also, usually first
Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:37 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm, I just hit him repeatedly, drank one or two potions and he fell pretty quickly. In fact, I killed him multiple times until I got a magic weapon that I wanted.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 12:16 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Hmm, I just hit him repeatedly, drank one or two potions and he fell pretty quickly. In fact, I killed him multiple times until I got a magic weapon that I wanted.

I must have missed several treasures, cause I only have one potion and some very crude weapons.

Last edited by Max Killen on Sat May 22, 2004 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat May 22, 2004 2:37 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Look around for a few more potions. When in the fight pause when you're at low hp, drink a potion or two and continue the fight untill he's down. Oh, btw: He will heal once too, or at least I think so from the demo, so don't waste your potions if you have little of them.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 10:53 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Like every other game I played, I jump right into it without looking at manual (which I usually lose). I restarted the game and paid attention to the interface. I applied some skill points (Didn't do that before) and attacked the guy again, this time with a different outcome. No problem (Well, not to many problems)
Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:20 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I'm always amazed by how few people ever bother to read manuals!! I read them all before I even consider installing anything. Makes life so much easier sometimes, when you read the makers manual!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun May 23, 2004 4:24 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@corwin,

quote:
'm always amazed by how few people ever bother to read manuals!! I read them all before I even consider installing anything. Makes life so much easier sometimes, when you read the makers manual!!

I have never ever read a game manual yet, i get a kick out of running a new game first time using intuition and awareness.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 11:37 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
@corwin,

I have never ever read a game manual yet,

There has to be a magic closet in my house that is full of game manuals, because I seem to lose every game manual that I get. I know there are not outside; so they have to be in the house. We are moving in a few weeks (job transfer) so maybe I will find them.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:20 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Max Killen,

You could "bump-up" the price up of your old place by including in the purchase/spec' "complete with secret closet full of old rpg game manuals" that should add another few thousand £.

I had my DK as a survivor and equipped with bow and arrows (2 quivers) i placed him in the corner of the first room (with the meat) then i made the torture master follow me into that room, then i ran round the tables and barrels (previuosly strategically positioned) while DK pumped arrows, after the torture master drank his second potion, (and i had used 2) i equipped DK with his sword and we both finished him off (only just!)
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:55 pm