View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
devnull
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

HELP: Removing memorized spells from hotlist

Hi,

I memorized (<ctrl><shift>) a new spell that appeared in my spell book but I apparently do not have the required spell ability to actualy cast it. I'm not sure why I would be able to memorize it and not cast it, but the issue is that now this useless spell occupies a slot in my memorized spell hotlist and I cannot clear it.

Does anyone know how to clear a spell that you can't cast from your memorized spell list? Please help! I only have two slots now that I can use!

Thanks!!!

/nev/dull
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:32 am
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

ever hear of FIFO?

The quick-cast slots are First In First Out.... just memorize another spell, it will clear off the first spell memorized, memorize 3 new spells to clear off your whole list!
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:56 am
devnull
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Data structures 101

First, thanks for your post. It worked like a charm!
Buuuut a FIFO it is not.
while the spell hotlist acts as a discrete overflow list,max 3 (pushing to the stack n > max pops the last in), it only looks like a FIFO when inserting elements (hell, it could be a LIFO stack or circular linked list) but it allows accessing elements in the structure from any position (that is, you don't have to cast the first spell you memorized first, etc), which as you know, a FIFO enforces insertion at one end and removal at the other (not letting you remove one from the middle). the behaviour that you brought to my attention (that hadn't even occured to me) is the overflow behavior of the data structure, not the data structure itself.

in short, yeah, i've heard of a FIFO. THANK YOU for your post. You da man

/nev/dull
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:29 am