View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

Staring to play...

Hello all.

Well, I'm about to crack and start playing Gothic2. I've had it sat on my shelf for about a year waiting for the addon and to play them both together, but I'm about to play it without the addon.

And before I start a quick question...
I'm going to play as a mage and was wondering what level I should try to get to (approx) before I joined the mages and what I should put my skill points into, weapons-wise. As a mage, I get a quaterstaff if I remember rightly (I did play a little bit a while ago) should I go with pumping up 2 handed then before joining the mages?

Also, on a slightly related note, what is peoples general opinion about whether the addon will be released in English? I was confident it eventually would be, but now I'm beginning to have my doubts. I'd be annoyed if it came out in a month after I'd waited all this time for "the ultimate Gothic2 experience". I know a lot of people will say play it then play it with the addon cos its very different, but I wouldn't do that, thats why I was witing for the addon, for one big play through.

Ta in adavce for any musings,

Jellylad
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:06 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: Staring to play...

Hi,

Level hmm let's say 5-6.You should put your skills in mana.Forget the weapons and strength.

As for the add-on.I bought it from Germany.Either order it from the net or sit and wait for another year.You can also download a transilation mod for the add-on from here.I don't use it much but the guys who don't speak Greman is a miracle.The team's great.
I don't think we'll see the add-on in english.The websites only change the dates and the game's getting older and older.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:41 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My opinion, what I'm doing, I say go with dexterity. Go with the crossbow skill. As for melee, there are 3 (I think) dexterity based swords. The last one requires 50p. Get as high as you can in levels before joining (15-18 ), because everything will cost double points thats not magic related.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:52 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hello jellylad,

Go as far as you can as a "novice mage" this leaves all of your options open, thief skills, powerfull 2h weapon skills, (90 or above) etc, when you are powerful and have gone as far into the game as possible, then take the mage test to become a full fire mage, kind of like a "battlemage"

Edit: Be aware of the chapter change (ch2) when the mage option ends!
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:43 pm