A House mod is out!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

A House mod is out!

Got this link off the news from here, thought I'd pass it along for those that come straight to the forums and don't see the news:

http://www.gonegold.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=007405

I havn't tried it yet, but am going to now.
UPDATE: Okay, I tried it, very cool considering it's the first mod I've downloaded. My only complaint is..well I won't spoil it but read the note on the door then go inside..heh..I expected more of a "threat".

But still very cool ;P
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:42 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Sweet jesus! After all those people were asking about housing I can't believe this thread got no replies
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:38 am
Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'll reply

I have downloaded, moved it into my "Morrowind Mod's" directory structure under "extra houses"

Now... as soon as the damn game arrives I'll install it

Hows that for a reply?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:50 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Yeah I guess it's kinda hard for you to use it without the game
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:52 am
qwert_44643
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey Shifter i was just wondering how is it introduced?It seems to me aquiring a house is something the game probarly leads up to......is it unbalanced or what........im going to go ahead and dl it just was wondering cuase i wont be able to try it out till tomorrow.
qwert
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:02 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Ah well theres a big difference in this one and the ones you can get already in the game. In the game (at least as far as I know) you can get Strongholds which are obviously more like Castles or Bases..this house is just a small house where you can store things (in actuality you could just take over a cave and use it as your house..like some people have mentioned before..but this gives you the feeling of having a house of your own)

**SLIGHT SPOILER (maybe)**

As for the way the house is introduced..it is just a lone house in Balmora with a sign on the door from the Guards (or town leaders) saying that the house is under infestation and whomever can clear it out can have it...That's the only thing I hated..you go in and there are 2 rats. I mean come on...there should have been like 2 rats and maybe a few ghosts..that way it'd be a little more difficult for BRAND new chars to get the house..but oh well..it's still cool..and a very simple mod...I'm sure there will be many mods out like this and much more complex ones..this is just for the people that want a house quickly and painlessly..a place to store their spoils.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:06 am
qwert_44643
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Cool thanks for the fast reply,hmm infestation sounds like it would be 10 to 20 rats.
qwert
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:15 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by qwert_44643
Cool thanks for the fast reply,hmm infestation sounds like it would be 10 to 20 rats.
qwert

My thoughts exactly..although to my wife a rats tale with no rat body that has been there for 100 years would be considered an infestation..hehe *chuckle*
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:18 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Isnt new house Plug-in?

It is.

Moved to Plug-in (mods) forum.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:06 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

This is a great plugin. Helps since there are very few ways in this game to get your hands on a home of your own.

Thanks to Kathode for putting this together and putting it in a city that you spend a lot of time in at the beginning.

Zaal
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:48 am
TheMasterRat

Ummm.. houses of your own

I just killed a guy inside a house. Lizard fellow in Balmora... skooma/moonsugar junkie. Can't I just use that house as my own... I have placed a few not-so-valuable items in it just to ensure they won't dissapear on me and they haven't yet?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 8:11 am

Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

Tried the house mod last night...thanks to this thread. Sorry was to busy goofing around with the house to post back.

LoL... inside that house i get the max fps selected when i installed Morrowind = 200fps. (i wonder if i can edit max fps, to see just how high it will go)

The house is really nice actually, you get a desk, shelf, small table w/chair, and a bed. Plus some crates and sacks you can store your stuff in.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:27 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Zaal
This is a great plugin. Helps since there are very few ways in this game to get your hands on a home of your own.

What? You can have pretty much any building you like! One of the early fighter guild quests if to bring a fugitive to justice - you could take that house after you off the guy if you want. A nobleman dies in his house - you can have that one. A lot of the stores have a second story - I just go up there and live there - I sort of pretend I'm renting it from the shopkeep. Or you can kill the shopkeep and take the whole store. You can live in the mage or fighter guilds, or in Imperial keeps or Temples. You can live in a cave. You can set up your camp in a grotto or in a swamp. You can live in a lighthouse.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:53 pm

IncendiaryLemon

The mod is nice. Its far cooler than taking someone elses how because it starts off bare and gives you the space to fill it up. I have Dwemer Airship plans and piles of books stacked on the desk now. Potions stocked shelves. It really gives you a greater sense of immersion.

You must download this mod... its only some 120k and finally kills the I have to much to carry problem.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:10 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

how do you add shelfs and items to the house?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:54 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next