RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

General Lee

Lets discuss here about lee.

Some questions.

1.was Lee a palading before he was convicted to spend rest of his life behind the barrier? I mean king's elite troops consist of paladins, right? Lee was a general back then, so my question is: was Lee a paladin as well? If you look at the command chain in g2 you can clearly see that the paladins are led by paladins .Lord Hagen as a commander then Garond and Andre below hiim? and so on.. Also when Lee gives you a letter that you must take to Lord Hagen, you can read from it that these two men know eachother and have fought some wars together..

2.What has happaned to the king's wife. Wasn't she the reason why lee was convicted from the first place? As we know that she was KING's wife. Mayby we can suppose, that she is one of the reasons why king is so weak now.. After all something like that can dishearten a man.. I know that lee was framed by some jealous nobles, but king doesn't know this and blames lee and his wife..if he even has her anymore??
Everyone allways talks about the king Rhobar, but i'd love to meet the queen
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:40 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

1: good question and the answer defenitely has to be a yes. And that is also the reason why lee is against the great forces of power know. When the barrier was up he was against the old camp. Gomez controlling the shots but actually helping the kingdom and the false nobels. and defintely agains the palys
2: I thaught he was framed for killing the queen? so she isn't there anymore. But lee will have his revenge on the false nobels and regain the respect he deserves.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:00 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Was the queen killed?
I thought he only said they used her to get to him.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:35 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I thought they said killed and the only reason Lee still lived was thanx to the king, who send him to the colony. otherwhise it was the dead penalty
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:36 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yer back in G1 where you talk to lee about why hes there he says something about some nobels dislikeing him seens the king listens to him
so they framed him for murdering the king's wife so they could go on whit all their dirty biz
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:26 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Nothing tells that Lee was a paladin. He was a general and a leader of some army part, but it does not state that he needs to be the paladin. Paladins are just some of the king's troops and Lord Hagen was and is their leader. Lee was never under him and neither above him, which basically means that Lee was like Lord Hagen, and had his own people to command. Basically, Lee as such is a warrior, great fighter, but also a great strategist and tactician.

No details are known about the queen other then she was killed to frame Lee. Which means that Lee was quite well known and powerful man if these murderers settled on such drastic measure. And also shows that they were really very afraid of him, if they went as high as to kill the queen. Hopefully details will be available about this in G3.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:43 am
Foxman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Paladins are King`s ELITE troops as we remember, in g1 intro there was no paladins fighting the orcs in the battle, just ordinary men. So Lee was army general, not part of the paladins unit, oderwise he would have been Lord Lee!!!
Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:48 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Right on the money Foxman. My guess is that just like in an army in the real world, there are seperate divisions. Paladins might be the elite troops, but just like all troops in our world fall under the staff of generals it is over there. So I think Lee could be the leader of Lord Hagen imo. He doesn't need to haven been a paladin to do that.

2. Oh yes, that reminds me again. It's not King Rhobar, but King Rhobar II. The books you find in the first Gothic refer to King Rhobar as a historical figure and at the intro the "second" is clearly pronounced.
NFG member
Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:16 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

No, Lee was definately not Hagen's boss. Hagen's boss is Rhobar II'nd, Lee was most likely in similar situation, simply commanded the other troops. Obviously there are MUCH more common soldiers - e.g. NON-paladins - in king's army then paladins, paladins are in much lesser numbers then the usual soldiers. Who do you think commanded all those other non-paladins - that's infantry, cavalry, archers, siege engines? Lee obviously.

Hagen knows Lee personally, he also knows that Lee was sentenced on very shaky grounds and most likely unjustly. However, he doesn't know either the details of the crime in what Lee was accused and thus wasn't able to do anything to help Lee. This shows that the crime organisers are on very high positions. Hagen may not be the ideal person, but he doesn't like crime no matter where it happens and had he known the details of the crime, in what Lee was accused, he most likely would have defended Lee. Heck, it's even the oath they swore, as Innos is also the god of Justice. Simply Hagen had no information, no proofs, no leads.
Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:09 pm
Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i started my own investigation and ended up with this conclusion. In G2 lee needs a boat to get off the island and go to the mainland in the north for some reasons but i don't think it going to be a nice because if you talked to a dragon hunter Feros in the castle at the valley of mines he says that orcs and dragons laid seige and probably killed the king Rhobar the 2 and Lee might a)grab the throne and command all b)kill the nobles who sent him to the prison colony.

This is my little hypothesis which might not be true but it could be and by the way is it me or that Lee got a little softer in his stay in Khorinis.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:29 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lee clearly states, if you join him as a mercenary, that he is to "exact vengance on the king, the kings advisors, etc".

Also, Lee was never a servant of Innos(Paladins are the warriors of Innos), and has never had magic. Innos would not "take away" Lees power to use magic simply because was framed. Had he been guilty, maybe, but I don't think so even then(there are probably dishonorable Paladins). This has already been stated though, so I basically wanted to say that I agree, and throw yet another fact on the table about why he was never a Paladin.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:41 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Nothing tells that Lee was a paladin. He was a general and a leader of some army part, but it does not state that he needs to be the paladin. Paladins are just some of the king's troops and Lord Hagen was and is their leader. Lee was never under him and neither above him, which basically means that Lee was like Lord Hagen, and had his own people to command. Basically, Lee as such is a warrior, great fighter, but also a great strategist and tactician.

No details are known about the queen other then she was killed to frame Lee. Which means that Lee was quite well known and powerful man if these murderers settled on such drastic measure. And also shows that they were really very afraid of him, if they went as high as to kill the queen. Hopefully details will be available about this in G3.

Lord Hagen is a paladin, and if Lee is like Lord Hagen then you realize that he has to be a paladin to. First you must become a paladin, and after you cand become a warlord like Hagen...
My opinion is that he was a paladin. Or at least he was the leader of some of them. I don`t think that you can lead paladins if you were never one yourself....
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:26 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

sorry but i dont remember anything about lee being like lord hagen
lee was a general in the orc wars and lord hagen served whit him .. that does not mean that lee was a paladin only that they have been fighting together
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:38 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

And who says Lord Hagen was already a lord back then.
Post Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:27 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly. Lee left 10 years ago, and much has happened since then. They probably served together in a few campaigns against the orcs, Lee as a leader of the soldiers, Hagen as a Paladin. There is no way Lee would simply "lose his magical powers" if he had ever had Magical powers, and ALL high ranking Paladins have magical powers(their gift from Innos, for being his warriors).
Post Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:58 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next