Gothic 2 NPC's
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
NPCMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2 NPC's

I have a few questions about NPC's that I would really like answered. Much thanks to those that reply.

1. Do all the NPC's in Gothic 2 have names or do half of them have titles like Rogue, Guard, ect. like in Gothic 1.

2. Do all the NPC's have something original to say? Do they have more personality, than in Gothic 1? In Gothic 1, more than half of all NPC's said the same stuff and had the same dialogue choices as others around them. Has that changed?

3. Is the dialogue system the same as in Gothic 1? In Gothic 1, you chose from a list of dialogue choices, and than, after your done talking to them, if you talk to them again, you get the same dialogue choices. Same thing as in Morrowind. In Baldurs Gate however, if you make a choice in dialogue(MUCH better dialogue than in Gothic 1, by the way), than the other choices go away.

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:47 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

The NPC's are better in Gothic 2 and there are a lot more of them aswell, the ones with no name eg Guard Novice ect say the same thing iver and over but as you progress through chapters and ask them "What's new?" then they will say something relavant about what is going on in the world instead of "You lookin' For trouble" as in the first gothic.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:04 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Re: Gothic 2 NPC's

1. Most NPC's in Gothic 2 has there own names.
2. Hmm.. well not all, but the most of them has something original to say. (my opinion)
Yes.
3. Hmm... dont know anymore.
I last played the game 1 year ago or something like that .
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:07 pm
NPCMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks. I would like more opinons on the dialogue choices, however. Are they any good? I like NPC's with a personality. Gothic 1 NPC's were HORRIBLE in my opinon. Sre they the same in Gothic 2?
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:18 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

No. (my opinion)
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:33 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

NPCs in the second sequel are very much better, or at least those with a name. The only person that has a problem with personality is you - the hero. A really unneccessary attitude he has, foiled by his own power...
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:38 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Keep in mind that although some NPC's don't have a own name they are still needed in some quests. When you get the sweeping the chambers in the monastery quest you need the help of some NPC's wich don't have a own name(just Novice).
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:40 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup that kind of quest was in G1 also btw well a little bit like it. near the new camp when u brought water to ppl who have no name
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:13 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

You mean the watercarry quest for Lefty?
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:40 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I told to Lefty to do it by himself, but I think the didn't hear me well. He and Lord attacked me, so I had to knock their teeth down their throats and then, go figure, their hearing got much better
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:53 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Water for Lefty,

This was a definate bug, it had many players puzzled, this bug was corrected in the German patch 1.08h
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

NPCMan: Gothic 1 NPC's were horrible.

Totaly disagree with you, unless you mean the not named NPC's off course. I liked the named NPC's stm more in the original then at nr. 2 and I'm not talking about Diego' voice. I'm talking about how they became part of the story. NPC's are IMO less important then the story, so that's why I like them at Gothic 1.

@Wulf: definate bug? -> never had a problem with solving this quest. Perhaps if you haven't got enough xp to knock them down, it might be difficult, but a bug? The most annoying bug in the English version is the second place of the new camp. This quest is only available at the German version. When you walk in you get just attacked by some stupid rogues. I say stupid, cause by that time you are already a powerfull mage or warlord.
NFG member
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:33 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Bartacus,

quote:
@Wulf: definate bug? -> never had a problem with solving this quest

I also didn't have a problem with the Lefty quest, but reading these forums on players that did, i also thought that they must be doing something wrong, that is until i saw an official patch (1.08h) confirming the bug is fixed.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:51 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe good thing is i never had actually any major bugs experianced in gothic 1 and 2. Tho Gothic 1 crashed all the time for me i saved the game after every 10 min just to be sure
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:27 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I know what you mean Daedalus. I'm replaying Gothic and forgot to do that. Consequences -> 3 hours of gaming down the toilet. At least I won't forget it the next time.
NFG member
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:01 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next