Members
Usergroups
Stealing..is it too easy?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
DeoValice

Stealing..is it too easy?

Is stealing too easy in the game. I mean those NPC's sure are stupid. Im standing right in back of them, pick up all the stuff on the table and the best they can come up with is; Hello! Have you tried are new stock yet? I mean: Yes! Infact I just stole about 2000$ worth of stuff.Thanks for being such a help in being stupid. I mean comon! Im only at lvl 1, and since my game problems are gone, well im having fun. Is it normal that I can steal this easily(im not even a thief!). Are other NPC's in other towns as stupid? Also, why is it that I can find just about anything in crates around town. Hmmm, I wonder....Why would someone leave 350$, a poisonspell long sword, a frostbitedagger, and an enchanted hammer of electricity that is worth 870$ in a crate in Pelagiad? That warrior sure needed to put all his good stuff in the open.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:44 am

Nice to see someone else noticed this. Sadly it seems most players think its perfectly normal considering the popularity of this issue. The thread I started on this forum is titled "Easy stealing breaks immersion." Of course, it also breaks balance and the value of being a thief...
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:45 am

iloveplywood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah, I don't play a thief, but I'd agree that the balance seems out of whack, if sifting through various posts is any indication (and how could I be wrong by basing an opinion on other forum posts?).
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:56 am

Just one among many things that is unbalanced.

There is no challenge to stealing up until you try to steal something important from a guild or something. Even then I've ripped off some pretty snazzy stuff from Guilds without a problem.

I had more fun being a Thief in Daggerfall.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:54 pm

XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

If they don't see you, you can take everething thats not nailed to the floor.
Steeling is pritty easy, have you tryed pickpocketing, thats a lot harder.
I only steel when i really want something.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:46 pm