Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
why won't Lares return the ornament with me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
thermos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Worked like a charm! Thanks. However i am still in chapter 2. I took the piece of amulet from Lares and went back to the temple and got the map to look for the other pieces. I got all of them except the north one in the woods. I think thats the one your talking about and i can't get Lares to come so i may have to level a bit and then come back to all this when i'm strong enough to get it myself.

I'm not sure what i did to make Lares no longer have some of the options. I think my mistake mayhave been maybe ending a conversation before i asked for amulet back, or possibly having him lead me to the tavern to soon. Not sure, but there is deffinatly something going on with that guy. Maybe to much of the apple tabaco.

But thanks again for your help.

Thermos
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit

- In console with Lares targeted type kill
- Lares is dead
- search his corpse, get in it the ornament part and nothing else bastard thieve!
- Close the corpse inventory.
- Still Lares targeted type F5 or F6 to revive him.

It is easier to possess him.
- activate the marvin mode
- When Lares targeted press o (don't type it in the console, just look at him with the console closed and press the key)
- Now you can take the ornament from his inventory and drop it on the floor.
- target the hero and press o again.
- pick the ornament from the ground
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:45 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

thermos, according to the translated german text you did nothing wrong, it's just because you tried it during chapter 3. During chapter 1&2 this dialog option is still available but it disapears during chapter 3, just a bug.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:02 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sems advice makes the game crash. Or I'm missinf something, as soon as you try to let an npc drop something the game freezes in the npc's inventory screen
And typing f5 or f6 doesn't work either Any more ideas? F5 and F6 are commands to change the camera mode it seems, not to revive dead npc's.

Help! I don't want to do the first ten level over and over again !

Also, i got a letter from Vatras to give to saturas but I don't get the dialogue option to give it, although I have the journal entry. Is that normal?
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:48 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by tolgerias
Sems advice makes the game crash. Or I'm missinf something, as soon as you try to let an npc drop something the game freezes in the npc's inventory screen
And typing f5 or f6 doesn't work either Any more ideas? F5 and F6 are commands to change the camera mode it seems, not to revive dead npc's.

Help! I don't want to do the first ten level over and over again !

Also, i got a letter from Vatras to give to saturas but I don't get the dialogue option to give it, although I have the journal entry. Is that normal?

F8
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:07 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks a lot pladio, but do you know anything about the letter from Vatras to Saturas, am I supposed to give it later, because I can't give it now ...
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:35 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Thanks a lot pladio, but do you know anything about the letter from Vatras to Saturas, am I supposed to give it later, because I can't give it now ...

You're very welcome, but I'm still in chapter 1 in NOTR, because I don't have a lot of time to play the game, so I can't help you with anything past chapter 1. Sorry.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:14 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Sems advice makes the game crash.

It works ok here. It could be that the NPC's is still in some kind of routine, like roasting meat. Of course Lares is just standing, but that might be some kind of programmed routine too. Interupting that might cause some problems.
But, like Pladio said F8 reset the character and then you should be able to use Lares again.

About the letter: Use the search function. There are a lot of other threads about that topic.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Got trough it just fine, gave the letter too, now at the pirates, the addon world is AWESOME! gonna go back to captn' greg en co. right now
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:48 am
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ok I think I may be having some problems with this as well. You tell me: I never chose the 'let's go' option from Lares thinking that it was the same as in G2 where he takes you to the tavern (and apparently it is the first time it appears). So I found the underground water mages myself, and went back to lares and the let's go option was gone. There is a conversation option that says "Ornament" and then something German. I have two ornaments from stone sentinels I defeated. If I choose that option he takes one from me (but it says ornament received). I believe I gave him one a while back that I was given at the beginning of the game. So.... knowing this, what steps do I have to take to get into the addon world?
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:21 am
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Never mind, that was simple, I just had to choose the 'ornament' option for Lares (although it wouldn't helped if it wasn't in German), and I do receive an ornament, it just doesn't stack with the two I got from sentinels, so before I just noticed the one ornament in my inventory and thought I had given him one. Anyways, got the map and now to get that last piece....
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:56 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit

You need start the Mavin mode which is a cheat mode:
- Open character pannel
- Type marvin
- Close the character pannel
- Top left of the screen a quick message should show you are in marvin mode.
- Target Lares
- F2 to open console
- In console with Lares targeted type kill
- Lares is dead
- search his corpse, get in it the ornament part and nothing else bastard thieve!
- Close the corpse inventory.
- Still Lares targeted type F5 or F6 to revive him.

I strongly suggest you to close the cheat mode by:
- Open character pannel
- Type 42
- Close the character pannel
- Top left a message like "What is your question?" should appear briefly
- You have closed the cheat mode, try F2 the console should not open.

At this point Lares is safe, living with all his items but the ornament! You get the ornament part. So go bring it yourself to Saturas. After that talk to Nefarius to start the Ornament quest and get the map from him.

From there everything should be fine, you can't get help from Lares to go through the wood but if you are in chapter 3 you should be strong enough to not need him.

Hi. I've had the same problem. I followed this workaround but I cannot revive Lares with F5 or F6 or F8. How do you revive him?

Edit: Ok, nevermind. I inserted the ornament into the game with the command insert itmi_ornament_addon_vatras and that seemed to work fine. I got the quest and map to find the other pieces but Saturas still won't accept the letter from Vatras. Is that important? Does he even if you don't trigger the bug?

I must say I'm disappointed (but not surprised) to see them release the game with such a huge bug. Anyone want to bet whether the German version has it?

Maybe there's a patch to fix it? Hahahahahaha.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:59 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2