Usergroups
Attack on Free Mine
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
damirko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok so the mercenary guy from the new camp and I reach the free camp and beat the shit out of most of the guards, I have found orc slave and got a list of needed components...

what should I do to actually free the mine, do I need to kill EVERYBODY inside or???

damirko
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:04 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, keep talking to Gorn. He'll tell you what to do.

I don't think that you have to kill every guard inside the Free Mine. Just go to the Slave, then talk to him, then leave the mine again. Gorn will mysteriously appear outside of the mine waiting for you.

Then get the stuff that the slave needs, then return to the Free Mine to let him make your Ulu-Mulu.

I strongly suggest that you cheat to get the supplies you need. It took me almost 30 minutes running around getting the stuff I needed. It's a waste of time hunting for that stuff.

Cheats:

insert swampshark
insert troll
insert shadowbeast
insert firewaran
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:39 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You at least have to kill all the guards. Iīm not sure about the shadows, though. They run away, maybe they donīt count.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:27 am
damirko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cheating sucks bigtime anyways... even if it takes an hour or more to do a thing properly

damirko
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 7:09 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, cheating isn't that fun.
Beat the game at least once before you start cheating.

When you play the game again, you'll notice how linear the storyline is. No matter what camp you join, you still have to work for the Psi Camp most of the time.

And it's a real pain in the ass to go into Temples. Because it's sooo boring in them.

So you'll probably want to cheat.

I made a new character for the full version of Gothic. This character gives you samples of every mechanic of Gothic. It's a really nice way to start a new game because it's more fun to use the items that I gave the character.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 11:46 pm
violentstorm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where am I supposed to find these items legitimately when I've killed all the creatures and taken all the hidden treasures?

Do the people you trade them to have them in their trade options forever?

What fun, I'm glad I spoiled myself on this one since I just got to the Ulu Mulu quest. What a bother. Maybe creatures you need should respawn more often or when you get the appropriate quests. I don't feel like playing the memory game or visiting everyone I may have traded with in the past especially when the OC is now closed and I don't feel like fighting everyone in there.

Gothic definitely needed some extra funding and about another year of development for a really polished game. I wouldn't have minded paying a little more for the game if it was better overall rather than paying less for a shoddier product.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:20 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Violent... Everything you need is in the chapter you're playing.
They're just hidden.

There's always tons of different options you have to finishing quests.

Like the Troll Skin. You don't have to fight the troll. A merchant spontaneously finds a troll skin to trade, and there's one inside Gomez's castle. It's in the kitchen area, no one minds if you steal it. Even if you're a Templar, no one minds.

And the other skins should be really, really easy to get. All the necessary monsters spontaneously respawn after you recieved the quest.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:58 am