Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
[b]A CHAPTER 2 LEVELING UP TRICK[/b]!! NOT A CHEAT!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gnehs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

[b]A CHAPTER 2 LEVELING UP TRICK[/b]!! NOT A CHEAT!!

Are you going into Valley of Mines, getting slaughtered hundreds of times in attempts to reach the castle? Are you getting really frustrated and want REVENGE? I know I have.. I've found a way to WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE orc encampment outside the castle in chapter 2.

First thing you have to do, is locate the entrance of the castle. The entrance is a orc siege unit that looks a huge wooden barrel with a long log sticking from the ground, elevating to the top of the castle.

Now here's trick : get 1 or 2 orcs to chase u to the entrance. Take note that they WILL STOP chasing you when u get near the log part of the orc siege unit (Im assuming that they are scared of the enforcements inside the castle). The orcs will then give a little taunt after they withdraw their sword. That is your perfect time to attack them.

How to execute : remember where they stop to taunt you, attack them and run when they redraw their sword. Here's a tip if they ever come over their spot where they are supposed stop to taunt you - Go behind them and attack. This will push them towards the castle, and because of the way the AI is programmed, the doomed orc is forbidden to do anything but taunt. This will render the poor orc vulnerable to all attacks.

The hardest part of this trick is when you are facing more than 3 or more orcs at a time. Dont attack as much and ALWAYS run back.

TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW!! I've gained about 4-5 levels doing this.
MUAHAHAHA ..
me>cpu
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:36 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Not Bad but your not learning to use your block skill which will come in handy later on
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 am
daneman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hm, never thought about that.

I managed to kill most of them with of using your "trick" Just Get 2-3 orcs after you then run a few feet so more orc won't come, then attack!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:47 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I know that trick but I only used to get save in the castle I think it's lame...

Gothic II Credits
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:29 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

It´s not a trick, it´s an exploit! You´re cheating the AI. All you´re doing is makeing the game even easier because you gained a few level ups.

Entering the castle and moving freely in the whole area should be no problem for everybody who played Gothic 1.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:08 pm
D_Dog
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
It´s not a trick, it´s an exploit! You´re cheating the AI. All you´re doing is makeing the game even easier because you gained a few level ups.

Entering the castle and moving freely in the whole area should be no problem for everybody who played Gothic 1.

Right!! It's so much fun moving around this beloved area once again, bringing back all kinds of sweet memories of fighting, dying and killing...
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:21 pm