Fallout 1?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fallout 1?

weird....just reinstalled this game....I realized how unbalanced the game was. The story line is entertaining but I'm wearing metal armor....some shmuck shoots me with a weak pistol and it hits me so hard its like I'm not wearing any armor at all. And then....had myself a plasma pistol... I nail some creep in the eyes with it....barely anything happens to the guy. I'm playing on normal difficulty. Also my party members hit me alot more often then they do enemies. I am playing unpatched as I can't seem to figure out how to get the patch to install after I've unzipped it. I wish the second fallout had as many talking heads as the first. Mebbe it was a budget thing. I dunno.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:55 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

It's hard to find a rpg game where someone will die after one hit in the head, such things ushually apear in shooters ( Ex. Rainbow Six ) In rpg's it's always Hit Points. But the best thing is in NWN where you can stuck about 5 arrows into a pixy.
About your teammates hitting you. You just probably stand in their line of fire and it's hard to aim using burst-fire mode
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:52 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Fallout was unbalanced but it's still fun.

As for Fallout 2 - it was very rushed. The short development cycle of F2 was one of the reasons the Troika people left (Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, Jason Anderson and later others). Later, Feargus Urquhart said he regretted the way they handled F2.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:57 pm
Dinzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thats funny because I though Fallout 2 was great. Sure there were flaws but the game addressed many of the complaints I had with F1 and was much better than most games.

And its a good thing the Troika guys did leave becuase they are making some sweet games.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:48 pm
Dhruin

I don't disagree - I enjoyed Fallout 2 more, as well. It was bigger and although purists point to areas like New Reno as being out of Fallout character (and they're not really wrong), I really enjoyed some of these 'different' areas.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:11 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

i loved new reno

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:47 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

The only think that I wasn’t happy in FO1 was that main quest was time related. I hate when game dictates me game-play pace.

I cleaned out New Reno, which was probably the biggest slaughter of the weak characters (prostitutes, junkies or even dealers). After my departure only family Wright was standing (I was trying to kill only bad people )
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:39 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wasn't worried about time in F1...I hated how even in single shot firing Ian and Tycho never failed to hit me. I'm not saying kills should be one shot deals...but the npc in question took it like a pin prick. I figured it being a plasma pistol is should do SOME damage. There are qualities in both F2 and F1 and would be nice if they combined them in F3. I had no problem with combat however I find Fallout Tactics combat to be well done.
Alot of people complained it was too easy to wipe everyone off the map. I disagree. I tried wiping out some of the families in New Reno with combat armor, a turbo plasma rifle, numerous stim packs, a robobrain, and Marcus, yet I still got whipped by family Bishop.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:05 am