View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Example: You beat up a guy. They guy tries to run to Lord Andre, the head of town security/ the militia. If he reaches Andre, the guards will know of your misdeeds and act accordingly. If news don't reach Andre, however, the guards won't know what you did. And to prevent the news from reaching Andre you could just intercept the guy you mistreated...

I´m eager to meet Lord Andre, the head of town militia.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:54 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

HWFanatiC: The communications options have beenimproved, too...there shouldn't been any conversation options about solved quests anymore, for example (unless they are complimentary).
I don't know about others treating you according to your guild rank though.

Gorath: I can imagine .
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:27 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

In gothic when you beat up someone, he forgets about that after talking to him 2 or 3 times. Will it change in gothic2, will the NCP's have a better memory ?
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:27 pm
evilCKP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What I feel has really improved is that people and monsters don't fall of walls and the like so easily. It made it very difficult to keep Mud alive in G I. I know people who tried to keep him alive troughout the whole game!

What is very nice in GII is that there are different routines for the people in different districts of the city. At the harbour people don't run to Lord Andre, they are calling for their neighbours to beat you up when you enter their homes without permission ...not that this would help them to flee from their fate.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:39 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Hmm... in the demo I managed to drive a couple of lizards into such a frenzy of disgust with my incompetent bowmanship that they committed suicide by hurling themselves off a cliff... but that was probably a unique case
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:28 am
evilCKP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah, it still happens...must be some suicidal tendencies...
On the other side an orc-elite who jumped down off an cliff behind me and came after me screaming and weiling his axe gave me the shock of my life. Fortunately he was attacked by a shadowcrawler when he chased me through the forest. That thing actually saved my life!

Fights with orcs and humans can be quite tough because they tend to block your swings and counterattack you when you finished your attack. With my low level I always have to hope for critical hits in order to win fights.

After you are with the city guards the merchants no longer doubt your ability to pay and show more respect for you.

Another thing I like is a wolf chasing you will prefer to go after a sheep if you pass by one. If you kill one rat the others will feast at it's corpse and you can sneak by. Same goes with a lot of other creatures.
Farmers help you to fight creatures nearby their farms, congratulating you when you kill a bugger and merceneries telling you "I really like this shit" after they give the killing blow to something
People never forget if you stole something from them and only a certain spell can make them forget about your evil deeds. If you fight with somebody without reason they call you a stupid brawler and don't like to talk with you anymore, as does everbody who saw the fight. Or while you fight they tell you "man, you really have to do that? C'mon stop it!" All the voice acting really makes the game so nice. Not reading text lines like in most other RPG's. In the morning you here the people yawning, while the servants and apprentices already work on the streets. In the evening people gather in pubs or go for the happy hour with free beer sponsored by the paladins, talking, drinking and smoking.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:01 pm
Phoenix_666
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

monster AI has been improved i believe because now monsters that you are to tough to fight will run away from you and find easier prey.

so it's alot better than g1 when the monsters attacked you even if you were in the ore armour and wielding uzrizel (SP)
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again." (Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time)
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2