Usergroups
Great RPG but very bad 3DEngine
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

God some of you fanboys are so stuipd, i'm getting tired and sick of all of you saying "its your computer, noob!" bah why don't you all just admit the game doesn't run like its supposed to on high end computers, and you all saying "its cause of the impressive graphics!" well i could understand that if it looked like the nature demo in 3dmark but it don't.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:27 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

I wondered when "fanboy" would be used. lol...

Let me ask you this:
If your un-happy with the game why don't you just return it?
Why instead do you come here to a MORROWIND FANSITE FORUM and complain/complain/complain....

We are here because we like the game and WANT to work together to make this game even better... You on the other hand are here to yell/complain/and call people names....just return it and get on with your life...Geez
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:44 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

never did i say i didn't like this game, its the excat opposite of that, I very much enjoy this game a lot. Its just the fact i went from a

1ghz amd
384mb sdram
geforce 3 ti200
sb live x gamer

built me a new

p4 northwood 1.6a o'c to 2.3ghz with default voltage on a p4s333
512ddr muskin ram
geforce 4 ti4600
sb audigy gamer
klipsche 5.1

good top of the line stuff, and it still runs maybe 2-5fps more than my 1ghz amd. even though this is disappointed i still have very much fun playing the game (hell i get lost just exploring and pearl diving, haven't even started the main quest really and i'm lv 8
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:53 pm
Haywire

Hi,

Where/how can I get the frame counter in MW that several people mentioned? Didn't see it mentioned in the game's options/manual.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:06 pm

Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

Your last post was great..

We all-(well some of us) understand the heartbreak of hoping the game will run like magic on our gazzilion fps machines and then it doesn't. But the important part is, if you had a choice between not playing at all or playing it the way it is now,-(whcich i find completely playable) which would you choose? I feel for the person who is so fps warped they miss out on this game, that would be a shame.

(besides the fact this is the first in a series of new RPG's that i fully expect to run differently than past games did)

Had they spent another year fine tuning the game do i think it would run even better? Yes, but man that extra year waiting would have made me cry....
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:09 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

open your morrowind.ini and change the showfps0 to show fps 1 instead.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:11 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Haywire
Hi,

Where/how can I get the frame counter in MW that several people mentioned? Didn't see it mentioned in the game's options/manual.

Edit the .INI file in your Morrowind directory, change the line that says Show FPS=1 (Least it should read close to that, i'm at work still so can;t check, Grrrrrrr)
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:13 pm
Tandar

quote:
Originally posted by Breakapart
We are here because we like the game and WANT to work together to make this game even better...

First let me say that I'm loving the game and find it playable on my rig, although I expected better frame rates with the options set higher. As it is now, I have most everything tuned down to half and running in 800x600 mode. Very happy with this and will play it this way and enjoy the experience that is Morrowind.

But after saying that, I think I can still understand why so many are complaining. One thing I've noticed is that people with varying systems from low-end, mid-range, and high-end are all having inconsistent results.

I have a P4 1.6, MSI 845 400mhz mobo, Geforce 4 Ti4600 ring with a fresh install, and the lastest drivers for all my hardware. My fps have not dropped below about 18 outside in town. I would expect anyone with a similar setup or better should have about the same, but that does not appear to be the case. In fact, judging from posts both here and in the official forums, some people with lower-end rigs than mine are, in some cases, seeing better perfomance. This makes me think that there is a common issue in perfomance with MW. I for one can live with it and enjoy the game. Others can't. For this reason, let them vent so that if this is something fixable, the devs can get it done and "make this game even better".

Morrowind is definitely pushing the envelope on system perfomance, but I do not think it is unreasonable for people with hundreds of dollars invested in the latest hardware to expect a significant difference from their system than someone with a system that is a year old.

Either way, I hope it all works out and everyone ends up happy and able to get out of Morrowind what they expected.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:33 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4