lever behind mirror in Temple of Illusions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
dreamer13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lever behind mirror in Temple of Illusions

I solved the room 19 riddle with 6 rooms & 6 levers. Then I killed the ghost man, can go through the 'mirror', can find a 'hidden button, with a small hidden room', but there is no lever on either side that I can see. Can someone tell me where it is exactly?
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:48 am
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thru the mirror

walk back thru the mirror after u have clicked the switch, u will notice on the wall opposite where u originally entered a greyed section of wall, u can actually walk right thru it now.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:41 am
Scrib
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Once you opened that wall on the other side of the mirror- don't close it, but, contrary to what we might think- there is nothing in there, except that you had to open the wall.
Go back to the other side of the mirror- and, if you can't see the part of the wall you need to walk through cast a reveal spell at the wall there. -- You're coming up on some fun stuff after that! So much fun in fact, it'll have you running around in circles and backwards!
--SJ
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:21 pm
dreamer13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you! I ended up starting over because I didn't start out the first game knowing how to 'charge' a weapon. Therefore, I think it took me longer to kill anybody, defense took longer, and much longer to go up in level. Now the game is going much faster, and everybody is easier to kill!
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:04 am
phaota
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm glad someone made this thread because I was about to post on this very subject since I couldn't find the "lever" mentioned in the PDF guide. So there isn't one after all, you just walk through the wall. Did that already with the 3x stairs air rune and passed through it. Didn't know it was phased already.

Anyway, here's the main reason I'm writing. I'm at the end of the Temple of Illusion maze and dropped the snake statue in the bowl. The three strum chime went off indicating the goal was completed, but the membrane door ahead of me is still closed, so I can't leave by way of that exit. How do you open it since there isn't a controller panel on the wall beside the door?
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:34 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Did you get attacked when you picked up the ring from the bowl? If not it was the wrong statue.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:42 am
phaota
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ring in the bowl? Hmmmm, didn't notice a ring. Thanks for letting me know about that. I'll have to go back to check it out. On the statue, I only noticed the one below the platform in the six room lever challenge. The one that became accessible after you sequenced all the levers correctly and caused the blocking gate to lift away for access to the golden cobra. So it was definitely the correct statue. Wouldn't have received the three strum goal completed chime otherwise. Was there another I missed?
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There is a fake one in that same room at the other end of the staircase. I think you have the right one, just need to look and get the ring. Hard to see in the bowl, but it is there. Then be ready. Save would be good here.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:27 am
skidmark
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Temple of Illusions

Sounds as if I'm in that same area. I have the fake golden snake, have killed the phantom, hit the button to go back through the mirror and walk thru the wall, saw a sign saying something like "well done, you are worthy". Now what? I don't see a statue with a bowl....just two snake statues in the "lobby". Does one of them have an undetected bowl and I'm just blind?
Also, I didn't have the bow and arrow with me so had to pass-up the barred room with golden stuff behind it. Is that vital or optional?

This is the most frustating game I've played. I've quit so many times and then in a day or two try it again. %$#@*

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:33 pm
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

spoiler

the snake behing the bars is the decoy. the part u skipped holds the true golden snake. u need to use a telekenesis spell on the small square near the levers room, near the chest. or an arrow (which u said u dont have). once u have done that, go back thru the door u came in,and to ur right is a passage behind the curtain(in the sunken section of this room). now when u open the chest, u wil find the genuine golden snake. go back thru the maze, and find the large chalice, and place the genuine snake in there.hope this helps. its frustrating, but also has become my favorite game of all time. i hope the next one is as good. gl
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:45 pm
skidmark
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lever Behind Mirror

Thanx for your quick reply. Will use telekenisis on gold items behind bars. I had just about given up.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:57 pm
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well

if ur talking about the snake by the orb surrounded by the 6 rooms with levers, thats the decoy.u dont want that, although u still have to solve that room. u want the 1 in the 1st room past the 2 statues with snake women. where u cast reveal on the multiple levers to reveal the true lever. just to the right of that lever is the chest with the small target square. hope im being helpful, its hard to describe lol.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:23 pm
skidmark
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks again! Yep! I now have the true golden snake. Think my mistake is not going through the maze again. On the trail...
Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:44 pm
skidmark
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks again! Yep! I now have the true golden snake. Think my mistake is not going through the maze again. On the trail...
Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:45 pm