Usergroups
Milano Calzone
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What gives with this rat? He asks me if I'm looking for someone or something, and I've tried responding with every keyword I can think of...I looked through the journal entries and everything, but nothing seems to work? What's the answer he's looking for anyway? I've explored just about everywhere in this tree that I can.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:20 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Tell him that you are looking for Dark Savant, he will lead you to Don Barlone.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:22 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Were there any clues to do this? I had the same problem my first time through. Looking back, Rattus Rattus gives you a little hint, but I think you have to ask him the right question to get it. I ended up getting the answer off a board.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:00 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I got it. It seemed obvious to me, I mean who is the most important character in the game besides you? Maybe I'm just weird.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:06 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Yeah, you probably are J/K! (Sorry, just couldn't let a setup like that go) To defend my stupidity though, at that point in the game (level 10 or so?), I certainly wasn't trying to find the grand baddie. Hell, when he popped up in the swamp a while later, my party about wet themselves. On the other hand, having done the final battle, perhaps I would have been OK after all....
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:15 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yea...I agree with dteowner. The Dark Savant is kinda far in my mind at this point in the game. I thought for sure that the answer would be Marten, since Marten seems to be a key player in Trynton.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:36 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

If I should say true, first time I was not able to find right word, so I simply kill him.
After that all ratkins including Don became hostile. I was ofcourse not able to speak with Don or to kill him, so I went away.
Later in game, I searched for one very important item, I was wondering where it is.
After question here on boards, I realized that Don has it. I went back and killed him (it was not difficult anymore).
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:39 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Actually, if you use more time with the conversations with all the NPC's and merchants, and try a broad selection of questions especially about other people or items, when you can get quite a few informations. Many of them actually tells you about the connection between the "Dark Savant" and the "Ratkins".
But okay who's got the time to talk, when there are so much to explore!
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:54 am

You should kill this guy the first time you meet him if you are planning on getting the CoC.
Killing him first will save you the trouble of fighting both him and the Don once your inside.

... I kill them both even if I'm not going for the CoC. I figure I'm doing the world a favor .
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:12 am