Star Wars Galaxies?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Star Wars Galaxies?

Err....are they going to continue delay this mmorpg? or is there a set date? I am getting tired of waiting but will prolly have to do just that cause there are hardly any futuristic online worlds out there.....
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:25 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Last I heard they were talking about February or March 03. I could be mistaken though.

I rather don't mind that they keep pushing it back myself. The more they push the date back, the more finished the end result will be, and that is a good thing!
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:07 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I agree with Ekim. BTW SWG comes out in April 15th 2003. That is the final release date chosen by the Lucasarts company (and prolly Georgey hisself)
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:34 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Lucas

I hope he doesn't have any input into the game! Yikes!
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:54 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Actually George doesn't make any of the decisions when it comes to LucasArts.....only at certain times they call him for an OK on something. At least thats what the game producers at LucasArts said in an article before.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:02 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
Actually George doesn't make any of the decisions when it comes to LucasArts.....only at certain times they call him for an OK on something. At least thats what the game producers at LucasArts said in an article before.

Still, judging from George's recent history of decisions in *ahem* "filmmaking", I second NidPuterGuy's "Yikes!"

Seriously I'm still fairly confident on the product from what I've heard and read so far... so far
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:40 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Within one hour of launch you'll have 100 'Worst game ever' threads on their official forum, I'm certain.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:09 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Your probably right about

A 100, this game sucks threads. It seems like no one makes good games based on movies. They just get pushed out the door to make a buck.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:42 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Excuse you, but you dont know diddly crap about this game, obviously. Why dont you do something with your time and find out what the game is like before you go spouting off about how many people are going to say it sucks at launch. What the hell do you know, anyway? Not much about SWG, thats for sure. There are 450,000 other people following that game.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:01 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Calm down, Ammon. Xen was being sarcastic. Besides, there are bound to be people who will whine about the game not doing something they want. That's a given with every single game ever created. Especially ones that are hyped. Look at what happened with Morrowind. I guarantee you that there will be people who post about their vast disappointment no matter how good the game is or isn't.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:33 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Play nice...

I'm one of those 450,000. I read every news bit I can on it and am eagerly awaiting the release date so I can rush out and buy it. Just trying to decide between Mon Calamari and Trandoshan.

I also hope to be proven wrong about the number 'worst game ever' threads that will pop up rapidly, even if the game is perfect. But I probably won't be.

And the first time a Jedi pops up on a server I truly believe there will be hundreds of posts saying how much the game sucks from people who are jealous because they wanted it to be them. That's human nature at work.

I think a lot of people have high hopes for SWG... it's got a LOT to live up to being a Star Wars game. Me... I've never seen ANY game live up to its hype so I'm cautiously reserved on the matter.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:27 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Okey i understand now. I am not very adept at detecting sarcasm, hehe.

I am really looking forward to SWG, even if it is less than i expected. One thing gamers need to learn to be like is to be satisfied and grateful for what they have. I think we are tremendously fortunate, in many instances. At least i am.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:40 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Gaming quality

I personally am tired of companies uber hyping their games to have them fall short of the things they have claimed. The whole gaming industry is turning into a marketing blitz with the priorities being making money, marketing and last, game quality and fun factor. I am peeved at game reviewers who give every game a 7-10 game rating because their company policy tells them to. I am pissed at spending $50.00 for a game that turns out to be worth $15.00 in the bargain bin after reading all reviews available and making the most educated decision possible. Lastly I am tired of games marketed on movies, ie: Star Wars, Star Trek and others that are only created to make money off the movie name. Whether the game is good or not really doesn't seem to factor into the decision to release the game. So as to SWG I hope it is an awesome game but the industry standard seems to be marketing blitz, grab the money, let the consumer beware, so history is against it.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I agree with Xen and Amon.
Surely there will be people who don't like the game when it's launched and will tell so at the boards.
But on the other hand I firmly agree we gamers are in a priviliged positition these days. Games just get finer and finer.
So yes, there will be whining and yes we should be thankfull that we can play these great games.

Personally I'm also looking forward to SWG. From what I've seen so far it looks absolutly stuning. Just like every mmorpg though, it will be a work in progress so I'm not gonna think that EVERYTHING will be perfect right from the beginning.
But I have good hopes it will become one of the better mmorpg's out there
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:15 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

MMORPGs attract whiners, so you can bet that there will be loads of people vocal about how much the game is a let-down. Heck, there are people complaining about EQ, AC, DAoC, etc... and these games have been doing good for at leats over a year each.

I am personally trying to avoid reading anything about SWG except looking at the occasional new pics, and news about the eventual release. I want to be as ignorant as I can be when coming into that game. Maybe I'll enjoy it that much more.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:22 pm