POR2 Opinions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
RizlaPlus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

POR2 Opinions

I heared Pool of Radiance uh the newest I mean dont know 2 or 1??

But anyway I surfed to a lot of games sites and they give bad grades (I hope I said this right my english insnt super)

But how is the game

I like BG2 Fallout Games GOTHIC!!!!

Does it really sux?

If I look at the box it looks cool but that doenst say much of course
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:12 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The game earned its bad grades in my mind. The graphics aren't that good, all the scenery looks the same, the character creation and advancement isn't good, the story is only vauglely interesting, and the gameplay is some of the worst I've ever run into in almost 20 years of playing this type of game.

This isn't to say some people don't like it... but you should get a demo before buying it, definately. Because I didn't and I regretted it. This game is nowhere near as good (or, more importantly ... FUN) as the Fallout series or Baldur's Gate 2 or Gothic.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:51 pm
RizlaPlus
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmmmz Okay THanks becaue I almost wanted to buy it a few days ago!
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:27 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You can get the demo at http://www.fileplanet.com I believe. DEFINATELY try it before you buy it. I took a chance, and boy did I get burned in my own opinion...
Post Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:29 am
Pug
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I thought it was great!![after I spent $200 on A new game card ,and about 20 hours trying to download the patch]. I realy love the forgotten realms campain setting. Icewind Dale was great too ,Im looking forword to #2.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:05 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Why did you think it was great? Surely you noticed that the computer was rampantly 'cheating' with the dice rolls, right? That was what made the game most unplayable for me (that and the dirt brown walls... and slow advancement.. and computer picking your feats... and how slow you move...) and how you can't scout with your rogue... and...).

It got to the point where I would just sort of feel disgusted when I saw 'Wulfgar: 1+15 = 16 critical miss' three times in a row and then see 'orc warrior = 20 + 5 critical' for every orc in that round.

I'm not flaming your opinion... I'm just honestly curious as to why you loved the game (aside from the setting, which is one of the cooler worlds).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:07 pm
Pug
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Its been months since i've played it but,I liked the spells,and it had an end to it,unlike baldurs gate 2 , for me was never ending.... {I got fedup and quit that one after twenty millon quests}I simply liked it.P.S. drizzt rules!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Pug on 2002-04-12 09:12 ]
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:08 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I found Pools of Radiance longer because of the slow pacing when compared to BG2. So much wandering of endless empty halls... the party was so slow as well (or the maps too large). Maybe it wasn't longer in terms of game length... but if sure felt like it.

That and why I don't mind taking it easy during character leveling (I'm not one of those players who say 'if I can't hit max level in one day, it's crap!')... I played in the first three levels of the dungeno for 8 hours and advanced once. And got random feats based on the class I chose. Gee. Thanks.

(As it's been stated, it's sort of like playing pen and paper, passing the DM your character sheet, and saying "I want a level of fighter!" and letting him roll your hit points, pick your skills and feats...)

Post Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:14 pm
Pug
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well with all this talk of the Realms , I started playing icewind dale agian. I finshed Gothic and went back to the party. { from scratch.} Just getting ready for ID2. P.S. I think realy what I liked best was the color coaded char. It made it easer to tell them apart.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:18 am