Questions, questions and questions :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Questions, questions and questions :)

My knowledge comes from VtMR and reading qucikstart info on WhiteWolf's page, thou im really confused

Feeding, in VtMR it was a skill, levels 1-5, which either made it easier to feed (sucess) or more efficent feeding (more blood), thou im not sure which or is it both, or is Dex that makes Feeding easier?
Thou from looking at WhiteWolf it doesnt look like Feeding is a skill also the charater sheet for Bloodlines doesnt list it as a skill how will this work, help ?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/screens_6095133.html?page=4

Also in Redemtion we were allowed to develop a really opened charater by having access to all Disiplines, will we be able to find Tomes to learn Disiplines not native to the clan we choose in Bloodlines?
Example were the Temere spells Fire Storm and Prison of Ice native to White Wolf games or they just created in Nihilistic's game?
With those 2 spells you could lay waste you all that vexed you, even Werewolves

When it comes to saves with a D&D game Wisdom is the key, how about with Vampire games does Wisdom help saving throws versus Charm/Damage/Frenzy spells?

Thanks for any help
Post Wed May 12, 2004 11:34 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The higher your feeding skill, the greater your success in restraining a victum to feed from. I also noticed that it was easier for my stronger characters to grab potential victums. I'm not sure how exactly it's going to be handled in Bloodlines though.

From what I've seen so far, the answer is "no" to customization of your character. It seems your character will be stuck in a certain template, which I find annoying.

Certain attributes effect your resistance to certain types of spells, yes. Wisdom isn't an actual attribute for VtM. It has:
Mental: Intelligence, Perception, Wits
Physical: Dexterity, Stamina, Strength
Social: Appearance, Charisma, Manipulation
Post Thu May 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Feeding, I noticed on the Charater sheet pic I posted Strength was highlighted and it says Strength effects ablity to Feed against the Unwilling.

I just saw the E3 video and it scaned thru the different charaters to choose from they looked great

Also it seemed to give a good discription of what each attribute affects, which will be a nice change Redemption didnt do this in enough detail.

Wits I never really thought about it being different, I always thought Wits was short for Wisdom, heh.

I was really afraid they were going to limit us about the different disiplines, if we cant find Teachers or Tomes then it will be a sad if cheat codes are the only way to get more disiplines.

I noticed that neither Activision or Trokia have an offical forum yet.
Post Fri May 14, 2004 7:02 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In the pen and paper game... feeding is a Strength + Brawl manoever. Pin them, eat them. There was no feeding skill.

Willpower determines the difficulty of an enemies mind controling powers. Willpower is a pool, not an attribute, and the higher the better. How this works in the computer games, I do not know.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri May 14, 2004 2:58 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

How does Willpower work in the pnp versions, what attributtes/skills/abilities?
Im guessing mostly Mental which I guess Tremere recieve the biggest stat points for Mental.

Oh I just found this, Psychic

Psychic: This Trait measures a vampire's inner strength: her willpower, inner discipline and self-mastery. In many ways it is a measure of a vampire's soul. Psychic is used to resolve all tasks concerned with resisting intimidation, mind control or frenzy.

Im looking on charater sheets I found on WW, where I also found that quote, thou I dont see anything about Psyhic and dont see anything on Bloodlines or recall anyting in Redemtion about it.

Does how does Psychic work in pnp?

Thanks again for all the help
Post Sat May 15, 2004 10:43 pm