Usergroups
Favorite Race/Class
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

i like a half-elf sourceror/or summoner., of course chaotic evil.
Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:15 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Is there any other alignment for a wizard to take?

"You will suffer... you will ALL suffer!"

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:36 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I really do not know how it could be motivative for someone to play with evil character. I always play good characters and good "role" in all games, because otherwise I do not enjoy that game.
Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:22 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm with you on this one Danicek. I usually like playing a goody-goody too. Being evil isn't as rewarding an experience unless the point of the game is to be evil (like Dungeon Keeper). I tried playing as a neutral evil character in BG II, and frankly I couldn't stand some of the evil NPCs. They were a collection of arrogant idiots. The only rewarding part of an evil party was Eddie's little transformation or mixing the strait-laced good characters with the evil ones. That was just plain fun. But overall, I prefered playing a good character.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:48 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Some people play evil characters just to get away with being super-violent. These people tend to be young and think hacking everything to bits is cool in a game.

I play evil characters mostly as a benchmark for the game. If the game offers 'evil' as an option, then I try and make sure it delivers. None of this 'do all the quests the exact same only oh yeah you're evil' stuff. If they OFFER a different mode of play then I take them up on it.

In addition... it's fun. I like villains. They often have depth to their character. What made them be a villain? It's easy to be 'heroic' in a fantasy sense... just act naturally and try hard. But a villain? Is it power? Are they mentally unbalanced? Do they wish to prove they are the best? Are they just incredibly stubborn and prideful?

Most of my evil characters have been neutral evil or lawful evil. The neutral evil ones don't give a damn about anyone except themselves and their power. They may destroy cities in their passing... but only if their pride has been insulted. Otherwise they're content to just have the populace stare in awe or fear at them. In fact, they demand it.

Lawful evil ones I play as Samurai. I give them a strict personal code of honor, and allow no deviation. They're often just as heroic as my good characters... except devoid of anything even remotely resembling mercy and willing to use others, especially the 'honorless'... even sacrifice those they don't find worthy by their standards. They most certainly do NOT slaughter entire nations... though they will keep killing city guards until they stop coming when cornered.

I reserve Chaotic Evil for monsters and one-shot villains. None of my characters or important NPCs in a pen and paper game are Chaotic Evil. I play CE as nothing more than a monster. They're impulse killers, pure and simple. They don't stop to consider consequences. They just do. They're as likely to fireball a kitten as a building. They are beasts, and highly visible. My other 'evil' characters despise Chaotic Evil characters... and either destroy them for their power (neutral evil) or set them up to take the fall (lawful evil).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:34 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

My 4 favourite games:
1.A human monk
2.A human(female) sorcerer
3.A half-orc berserker
4.A elven thief/mage/fighter going solo.
Post Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:30 am
Andross
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was wondering how to get to face another player online scence its way too boring alone and yarga shura is giving me troble!

[ This Message was edited by: Andross on 2002-03-28 18:47 ]
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:46 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Download the GameSpy software and connect to their network.

Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:18 am
ShadowMage
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

En Fighter/Mage/Thief is a hard classe to play - but is probably my favorite. All those possiblities is amazing.

Your abilities are near endless - with the exeption of healing and resurrection, of course.

1. Place traps.
2. Cast fireball against enemies.
3. Cast Improved Invisibility.
4. Chop them up.

*hehe*

Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:22 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Only problem is.. you are limited to 1.000.000 XP per class, so you will end up a low-level character no matter what.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:48 pm
ShadowMage
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I've removed the Exp. cap and gone to boundaries unknown to mankind.

Nahh....but my character is about lvl 15, they differ but that is the approximately lvl for them all. And he can kick more a** than Anomen, who's level. 30 (is it just me or doesn't he just run through the level’s after you have completed his quest?).

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:27 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Anomen is the character in the game which develops the fastest. He will end up having about 200.000 more XP than any other.

Pretty strange, but I've seen it in 10 games or so.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:27 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Isn't it the primary requisite past 16 rule?
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:45 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Past 16 rule? What 16th rule?
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:48 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

If you have a prime requisite past 16 (for priests, wisdom), you gain extra xp. I think. I only have the 3rd Edition rulebook here, I don't know if it is there? Anyway, priests, fighters, thieves, mages, only have one prime requisite, but rangers, paladins, etc. have more.

[ This Message was edited by: Maggot on 2002-04-04 16:08 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next