Final Conflict w/Iserbius
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
nimbus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looking for strategies, tips, advice on defeating the last incarnation of the Evil One. Am L9 Fighter, need about 60k hit points to get to L10, did the Chicken quest, the Shaney quest but not the treasure hunt, doubt that it would do much good, got al the weapons, poisened them, stil a few spells i cant cast.
Suggestions???
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:04 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I hit him with a sword for ages to no avail. I enventually didn't notice my health was low and died.

I noticed he seemed to suck the energy out of me so I decided to try Inut's bow on him and that worked out just dandee - and I never invested a single point for that skill.

Still took me maybe 60-80 hits to kill it.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:18 pm
nimbus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If I even get in sight of the monster, i get sucked in, Telekenesis?, and wiped out in about 8 seconds, demons spawn constantly and I can kill them off with the sword but that makes no progress at all??
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:34 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Final Battle!!(Spoiler of sorts)

If you have Inuit's bow you have it made. Start backing up as soon as the cut scean ends. Run up the side stairways and hide behind the pillar. You must kill a few demons and run a lot at first use a sword on the demons. Use the bow on the great one. Right after he looses the red rings around him is a good time to hit with the sword, then retreat to the shadows and pull out the bow. If you can find the right angle, he will just sit there and let you kill him off. It isn't easy, but just save before you go in the room and replay until you find the right places to stand. I've done it from several spots in the room and from both sides, with no real difference. Good luck and good hunting.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:51 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I never had any trouble just walking backwords and shooting him (and all the demons he spawned). I don't really want to image the fight without the bow though...
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:48 am
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re:

I just put on the quest rings, pulled out the 2 handed meteor sword and went to it. Mind you I had a stack of healing potions I had made, stolen, etc. About 50 of them. I just kept hacking away and when the health was low hit the 'H' key (bound to the healing potion) and kept attacking. I was playing a thief and didn't invest enough into CON. But he went down.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:18 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I tried that technique (without the karhoz/zohark rings) and I spent like 30 mins hitting him to no avail so I tried inut's bow...

For me the damn rings never seemed to do anything, so I gave them away for Poxelis' shield and other rings...
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:30 am
Rebooter
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I hacked and hacked and he just kept sucking all my health away, so I went through all my health potions and all food, then I just had to find a spot to hide and let my health build back up (left the room for awhile). Did that several times, even tried lots of magic missles, etc, didn't seem to make a dent. Finally I ran up one of those arch rail things and just used Lord Inut's bow, I can't remember exactly how many shots it took, 30-50 maybe, and finally he went down. This would have gone on I don't know how much longer without that bow, so make sure you do the Lord Inut side quest and get the bow, save just before you cure him so you can reload and try again if you get the sword as a reward instead.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:01 am
nimbus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

UPDATE: Advice was very helpful, I wasnt RUNNING enough, when I stood still and fought the demons, I would get sucked in and killed by Isurbius, running helped greatly, also used bone powder and poison potions on the arrows and on the BOW, took about 10 to 20 shots, some were into a corner of the room where I could not actually see the target but knew he must be there

THANKS TO ALL POSTERS
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:48 pm
Darkfall14
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i had about 40 casting, and i cast mana drain on him, and kept smaking him with the sword, while guzzling health and mana potions from time to time....he couldn't get enough mana to summon demons, and all you really have to do is worry about the lightning....just move fast, or cast speed on yourself....he also didn't heal then, so i was able to bring him down fairly easily......
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:22 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I just finished myself. I used "Slow Time" + "Mana Drain" and just circled him while hacking away with the sword and occaisionally drinking health and Mana Potions.

When my pre-loaded spells would run out, I'd climb up the ramp like section of wall in the back corner and re-load my spells, build up Mana and just rest a while. Took about 25 minutes or so, but he finally went down!

Oh yeah, I lobbed a few totally useless Fireballs at him out of frustration at one point!
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:55 am
Darkfall14
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

out of curosity, how can the bow inuit bow kill him if the whole point of the quest was to forge the ONLY weapon that could kill him?? (ive heard of ppl doing it)
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:01 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, this indeed strange, as the whole point was to make the weapon from essence native to Akbaa (Koltk) and using the Dragon egg, turn it into sort of anti-koltk_matter weapon..

Actually, I think that the whole ultimate weapon quest served to make game longer (just compare the last two levels to the 1st 6 and realise that forging that weapon is probaly the only business to do at the very bottom of Arx).

As for the bow, big plus is that it puts distanse between you and Akbaa, so his drain attacks don't affect you (and this seems to be the reason behind the long mellee fights). And for a player skilled in projectile weapons it takes around 20 arrows to send Akbaa home..
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:10 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The weapon wasn't to kill him, it was to cut the "connection" between Akbaa's world and your world. Thath's why you need to hit him with said sword once 'for you do any damage to him.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:48 pm
al^capone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well...i killed today that bastard.

simplest tactic? try get him into the corner - theres no way out - try to hit him with maximum strenght and after every hit step back - hi won't hit U and won't use magic.

i tryed to fight him on long distances - no chances, really (i was warrior level 9, with 23 strength and special sword +25 attack)

i didn't use any magic tricks, no slow motion etc.

killing him was more easiest than killing Ylsides during arx's siege - really
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next