Any Good IDEAs... Not Bitching...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

Any Good IDEAs... Not Bitching...

Um... I love Elder Scrolls... And While Morrowind is definately in the same vein, it's not your father's DaggerFall... And while I'd love to sit and debate the Pros, and Cons... I don't have time... Let alone it's all been said...

So let me first say that I am enjoying Morrowind 100%... But I think there are some simple improvments that could be made... And I am sure others have found similar issues...

I'll just bring one real annoying one up... and see if this topic leads to some constructive ideas...

TAKE ALL :
Don't know how the playtesters let this get by them, but flat out the stacked inventory menu when taking items from containers is bogus... The Slider menu is definately annoying when you want to TAKE ALL... My suggestion... ( And I cannot know if there is a XboX implementaion ) is that to RIGHT CLICK on a stack of items, TAKES ALL... Seems simple enuf to me, but then again... I note that the right click isn't implemented in any menu interface... ~shrug~

Does anyone else have any GOOD IDEAS??? That aren't solvable in the TES:CS... I made a plugin to make plain_paper weigh 0.1 instead of 1.0, and I patched ( on my own ) the DwemerPuzzleBox Dialogue, so I could get the DwemerPuzzleBoxKEY... That's not the stuff I am talking about... Bethesda made a GREAT GAME, and was INCREDIBLE enuf to include the editor... But there are gonna be a few things the editor wont let us fix... And these are the IDEAs I think we could start chatting about...

~shrug~

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:15 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Nope they didnt let it get by them. JUST HOLD DOWN CTRL AND YOU CAN TAKE 1 ITEM AT A TIME FROM A STACK. COMES IN HANDY WHEN YOU ARE USING POTIONS TO.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:25 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Don't know how the playtesters let this get by them, but flat out the stacked inventory menu when taking items from containers is bogus... The Slider menu is definately annoying when you want to TAKE ALL... My suggestion... ( And I cannot know if there is a XboX implementaion ) is that to RIGHT CLICK on a stack of items, TAKES ALL... Seems simple enuf to me, but then again... I note that the right click isn't implemented in any menu interface... ~shrug~

im confused? do you mean take all of one multiple item, or everything in the box. if you take all from the box, the little button that says take all is great and sliders shouldnt matter.

Now if its just all of one stacked item [like gold], then you just hold down the shift key, then click on the object. if you just want one of a multiple stacked item, hold down control and click.

please clarify if im am off track here, what you posted was a little incoherent.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:33 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

He's not talking about that. He's saying we need "one click takes all" type of control. I.e. one click takes the whole stacked stash of coins out of the box that has bunch of junk along side the coins.

I'd like to see a "stuck" command implemented (maybe there is one, but it sure isn't apparent to a newbie like me). I got stuck few times on geometry and barely got out. One time I got stuck on a horizontal flagpole (I think I got stuck on the flag itself though) and had to reload the game to last save point. One time I got sqeezed in by 2 doors that opened too close to each other and I couldn't close them again or move away from them--reload to last save. I got boxed in by stupid guards and couldn't go back out through the door.

All this in 2 days of playing. I fear what sort of geting stuck stuff is waiting for me in months to come. If only they would give us "stuck" command that teleports us just a short distance away in a random direction. I know this could be abused by some people, but hey, that's their perogative. It's not like you can't openly cheat yourself out of a postive gaming experience as is.

--Edit--
My answer was regarding Lordr31z's post. Shift-click would solve the problem
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:37 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
I'd like to see a "stuck" command implemented

hit ' ~ ' [no quotes of course] type in player->fixme or perhaps just fixme, cant remember right now. should unstick ya i believe.

and yes... SHIFT is the answer.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:57 pm
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

Um...

Ok so I wasn't Clear...
Er, I ALREADY see the TAKE ALL button to empty the container...

I meant... For example... a corpse with a bunch of CHEAP clothes, and some heavy CHEAP armour... with 30 Gold... I only want the GOLD... so I "RIGHT CLICK" on the gold and all 30 Pieces tranfer to my inventory... NO SLIDER MENU...

~shrug~ it makes sense to me...

EDIT :
Sorry Sorry, I dont mean to belabor this point...
Yes, Shift-Click picks up the whole stack...
Move mouse to Self, Click again... Drops stack...
I am a geek coder... Anything that makes it a OneStep Process... is in my eyes, is a GOOD THING...
My suggestion is that a RIGHT CLICK just skips the process of SHIFT-CLICK and DRAG and DROP... RIGHT CLICK == Container(RemoveItem)->PC(AddItem)... And Defaults to WHOLE STACK...
I dont mean to be rude, but the who the heck is empting containers on to the floor? And the interface is limited to "drag_to_self", "drag_to_gameworld", and "replace_to_container"...

Furthermore...
RightClick could be used in the INVENTORY Window to Default action of USE...
RichtClick(ArmourHammer) == Menu(Repair)...
RightClick(Potion) == Drink(Potion)...
RightClick(Book) == Read(Book)...

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:00 pm
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

In bold for those that read slowly:

Hold down the SHIFT key when you click on a stack of items in a container (chest, body, whatever) and it will automatically pick them all up so they are on your cursor. Then you just drop them into your inventory.

Is this in the manual? Might be time to read that little book that came in the box with your CD.

Edit: The above poster was kind enough to clarify that he did understand about the shift-click. So I rescind my comments about reading the manual.

Zaal

Yes, that's my face; I'm constipated.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:22 pm
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Zaal
Edit: The above poster was kind enough to clarify that he did understand about the shift-click. So I rescind my comments about reading the manual. :D

Zaal

Heh... RTFM, I am all over that...
ThX for the rescind...
Nice Pic...

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:27 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i think i get what your saying. Kinda like when you select things from the vendor, 1 click and its there. Except this time use right click on a stacked group of items to pull them all over in one fell swoop.

i posted this earlier, but the forums became unavailable as soon as i hit submit.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:48 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by XmirroR
RightClick(Potion) == Drink(Potion)...

Pardon my analness, but seems you're contradicting yourself.

Potions stack. So, when you right click on the pile of potions, do you want to drink one, all, drop all to ground, drop all into container or some other function? You gotta make up your mind...
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:46 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by HydroSqueegee
hit ' ~ ' [no quotes of course] type in player->fixme or perhaps just fixme, cant remember right now. should unstick ya i believe.

Thx. I figured this one out the evening after posting. *pulls foot out of mouth*

The comand is just 'fixme'. And it randomly repositions you somewhere in the vicinity (which is both blessing and a curse). Whenever I used it, I usually had to do it 3-4 times as I would always get repositioned into some other geometry. But hey, it works. So I'm not complaining.

Actually, what I'm looking for now is a way to find out what your multipliers are at. SV command in the console doesn't do it. Multiplier info is not held there. Anybody knows where this info is held? I'd really like to find out what my multipliers are at before I level again (or raise some more misc skills).
Post Sun May 26, 2002 8:51 pm
Wabbit

you can also console TCL to walk through any obstacles, then console TCL to go back to normal

I don't know anywhere you can look at what your multipliers are at - I just quicksave, level up by buying some training, look at the multipliers, then load the quicksave and gain whatever skill experience I need to get the multipliers the way I want them.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 6:04 am

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

ah TCL, the ultimate cheat code, i had to turn off morrowind to keep myself from walking into the Hlaalu vaults. I just had to reload, kill a few people and then loot the treaury, the honorable way

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Mon May 27, 2002 6:42 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

That particular Dunmer clan has a motto like "If you take from a member, hurt, harm, or kill and still live, you deserve the treasure."
Post Mon May 27, 2002 7:28 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

It's Telvanni that says that, unfortunately they don't have a treasury that i've found

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Mon May 27, 2002 8:22 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next