bard's tale demo...bugs and a question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

bard's tale demo...bugs and a question

1st of all, if any1 else is playing this demo, are u having sound problems like i am? the recorded speach plays back half a sentence, then skips, and theres no way to advance the script, so im not seeing all my choices.
2nd, im in the burial tombs with the undead berserker (yeah right, slowest moving berserker ive ever seen lol) and i have gotten him 104 kills. im guessing he needs kills to prove himself and move on to valhalla. does any1 know how many kills are needed, this is getting rediculous.
thx in advance
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:56 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

I'm playing the demo. Had no sound problems at all. Got my berserker about 20 kills and got a cut scene where your suspicions were confirmed. Now I'm stuck, cause even with his stone I haven't been able to open any more doors. had a few CTD's, so I keep running back to save. Hope they drop the save points idea for the PC release, I hate it and I'm sure most others will as well.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:28 pm
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I agree on dropping the save point system, but I don't think it matters for me because It's unlikely that I'll buy this one. It was kinda fun but I'm not a big fan of the extreme overhead view (I couldn't figure out how to pitch the camera, only rotate left right and zoom).

As for sound, the speech was fine for me but there was zero sound during combat only for some reason.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:02 pm
corwin

I agree that the overhead view was annoying. I don't think there was a pitch control in the demo, but I'm hoping there is one for the final release. Anyone know from the Xbox version?

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:37 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I have downloaded the demo twice to my pc and can not get it to run once I did. Got it from two different sites. I can't even figure out what to ask.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:05 am
corwin

Strange!! I had no problem whatsoever. Do you get any messages at all when you try to install/run?

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:51 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Nope. I don't even get a desktop icon to start the game once I install. If I click the exec. file that does show it trys to install again.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:32 pm
corwin

I didn't get a desk top icon either. Also, I asked it to install to my E drive, but it wasn't there. After doing a search I found it on my C drive. Look there to see if it's actually been installed. You might get lucky!!

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:51 pm
Wyspa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

BT Demo

I had no trouble installing the demo.
Was wondering if anyone could offer some guidance on how to do things in game. I can move and fight, having great trouble figuring out summon actions. The help screens just show aswd layout but not really how to do things like pick a summon, unsummon, use things picked up, etc.

I've search around on web and can't find any pages offering basic tutorial stuff. Kinda hard to play demo if you can't figure out how to do stuff.

thx
Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
calydon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also had the sound bug while playing the demo 0 (but I don't think it prevenets you from getting all the dialogue choices) and I also couldn't figure out how to open any doors with the stone you get from the viking bersker.

There might be another door in the burial chamber but I couldn't go back in because some respawning bug eventually fills the entire area with undead warriors. If that's NOT a bug then I won't be playing this game as its a ridiculously difficult (and tedious) challenge.

You can't actually select individual summons but you can give them vague commands like 'be more aggressive' or 'fall back' by using the arrow keys. You can unsummon any summon by choosing their icon from the summon menu - which is the 2 or 3 number key. Each symbol there represents a different summons type.
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:30 pm
calydon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

about using things you pick up - most of the things you pick up (drinking horns, swords, etc.) seem to get converted straight to gold, so they don't go into your inventory. However, I didn't find a screen that lets you know what quest items you have (like the stone that the berserker gives you) and the quest log doesn't seem to keep a list of 'quests finished' - a bit annoying.
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:33 pm