View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

NOTR Question

A few quick questions if I may.

1. How does it tie into the game? Do i get there and im stuck there and start at level 1 again?

2. Can I come back to the main game area whenever i like?

3. Can I go to the new land whenever I like?

4. Can I do most of the game then go there?

5. Do I have to finish the game before I go there?

6. Do I have to join the circle of water thingy? Cant I still be a paladin/merc?

Thanks in advance, I just got the expansion and want to know if i should build my character up in the main world before heading off or if my character would just reset to 1 when i go into expansion world or if i can get a really powerful man and just sweep through the expansion...
Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:47 am
EULA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some (kinda vague) answeres

Hm, I'ts been a while since I've played NotR, but these questions shouldn't be that hard to answer.

1. It's a Add-on, it ads the new place and several other things to the original gameworld,it's not like a new campaign or anything, if you've played Tribunal or Bloodmoon for Morrowind you'll know what i mean. I think you have to start the game over after installing it though, some of the changes are REAL early in the game, and it ballances the game world too.

2. Yes.

4. Not sure about this one, i've read somewhere that most of the storyline takes place in the third chapter, but I don't know if this is because you HAVE to go there or if it's just that chapter it is avaliable then.

3. I think there is some minor quest you have to do to get there (following a person across the countryside, I won't tell you who but it is someone you should know ) I'm not sure if you can get there in chapter one or if you have to wait until chapter two or three.

5. No

6. You'll probably have to join them, but that won't close any options with either of the three fractions, it's more like the thieves guild, just on a larger scale. Actually, the Circle have agents in allof the tree fractions themselves.

Anyway I think NoTR was worth starting gothic 2 over again for, if you haven't gotten that far in the game I would recomend it. It's SWEET!
Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:03 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Thank you very much EULA!!!
Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:42 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Re: NOTR Question

quote:
Originally posted by Hagen
A few quick questions if I may.

1. How does it tie into the game? Do i get there and im stuck there and start at level 1 again?

You have to start a new game and ask Xardas about the 'new' threat, that'll give you the story about it.

quote:
2. Can I come back to the main game area whenever i like?

Yes, once you're there you can always come back to 'old land' whenever you want to.

quote:
3. Can I go to the new land whenever I like?

Not initially, as you need to perform some tasks before the new area is unlocked. They're OK tasks though, give XP and information and tie nicely into the story (new one that is).

quote:
4. Can I do most of the game then go there?

While technically you can get to the new area already in CH1, it is not that smart thing as new area is rough. You can play generally the 'old game' up to certain point in CH3 at which you will need to complete the add-on story line for the main game story to continue. You'll understand when you are at that spot in main story line, when you need to do the new area I personally suggest to level up in 'old world' (and 'older world') and work your way with main quest to that point.

quote:
5. Do I have to finish the game before I go there?

No, you can't finish the game without going there, see my reply to Q4

quote:
6. Do I have to join the circle of water thingy? Cant I still be a paladin/merc?

Yes, you will have to join them or otherwise they wont advance you in their story, as it's for "members only", so to say Still, the Ring of Water is a secondary guild like, for example, the thieves guild, meaning that you can be a member of that guild and be also a member of paladins/mages/mercenaries.

quote:
Thanks in advance, I just got the expansion and want to know if i should build my character up in the main world before heading off or if my character would just reset to 1 when i go into expansion world or if i can get a really powerful man and just sweep through the expansion...

The add-on story gets 'mandatory' at a certain part of the game and at a good part, too, by then you should be able to survive nicely in add-on world but still can't just "sweep" through it
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:34 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

.. And welcome to the forums EULA!
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:02 pm