Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Artwork from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Adaptation!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Artwork from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Adaptation!

Here is the link where you can see the first wave of artwork from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, just head over there and post on the beautiful artwork that you see, enjoy

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11303

Here are more artwork, enjoy
http://www.dragonmount.com/News/News-2004-04.aspx#04-01-04_01
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:03 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Nice art. Differnt that what I envision when reading the books...but still cool nonetheless. Just finished reading New Spring a few weeks ago. Now I need to pick up at book 9. I quit reading Jordan around book 5 cause the series was originally supposed to be 4 books long when I started reading it. Last year I decided to finish the series though and am really enjoying it again. I was dissapointed with how New Spring is obviously not just a prequel but is going to be leading into a series of sequels. His Conan novels are pretty cool also. Is this going to be a 1-shot graphic novel?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:17 am
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Thank you for the compliment, my friend. I know what you mean, but when Robert Jordan approved the character sketches as how he pictures them in his mind I was surprised...happy to hear that you think that they are cool though I read all of the WoT books so far and am waiting for the next book in the series to come out. No, this is going to be several issues long, my friend
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:44 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Well, I am gonna buy these comics or graphic novels. I also have the Encyclopedia/guide. I did not really care for the art in it though...I loved all the reading material though. The art you show above is excellent. Will these be available at normal bookstores?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:00 am
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

kengo2019, my friend, thank you very much for your support, it is greatly appreciated. I'm happy that you like the artwork above, and I'll be sure to show you the new artwork when they come out as well. The comic books will be available at all comic book stores, my friend.
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:53 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Just wanted to let you all know that the Myrdraal picture is done, go and check it out, enjoy

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/news-2004-04.aspx#04-02-04_01

Also please feel free to get Wheel of Time Wallpaper in the Robert Jordan section, enjoy http://www.dabelbrothers.com/projects.php
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:36 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I won't be buying the wheel of time stuff as I do not like Robert Jordan, but I am glad to see Hedge Knight 3 is out and the problems with Image are in the past. I like that you guys didn't leave us out of the loop in regards to what was going on with the delay. And I'm glad that you guys are doing well (at least in regards to the Hedge Knight, which is a great comic).

I'm sure the Whell of Time stuff will do good seeing as Jordan has 5 bazzilion fans.
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:53 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Thank you for the compliment, Roqua, my friend
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:38 pm
The_Khan
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re:

Here is the cover and pages of the DBFreebee in the link below. Please be sure to get your free copies at Philadelphia Wizard World convention, and if you can't make it, be sure to have your friends get it for you. In the link below are pages of preview art for George R.R. Martin, Raymond E. Feist, Robert Silverberg, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams and much much more, enjoy, my friends

http://www.dabelbrothers.com/presspics/DBFreebee.pdf
Post Fri May 14, 2004 12:17 am