Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Another great Dark Age of Camelot character combo ;)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Another great Dark Age of Camelot character combo ;)

Three days ago I rerolled a Fire Wizard while my brother made a Matter Cabalist.

We have been teaming only with eachother and practically flied to level 20 what we are now.

After level 18 the Cabalist has the AoE DOT spell which is absolutely great when combined with Fire Wizard AE Fire DD. AoE DOT means Area of Effect Damage Over Time, means that all monsters inside a certain radius will get a "poison" effect. AoE Fire DD on the other hand means Area of Effect Direct Damage, instant ranged damage for all things inside certain range.

Yesterday we were pulling hordes of Skeletal Centurians (from blue to orange) that patrol near the Catacombs. Something like up to 8 at a time.

Cabalist pulls a horde of them with the pet and then put AoE DOT in the whole bunch. After a while (wait for enough damage inflicted) I start to DD them down. Its easy because they all run after the Cabalist.

Of course, this is a bit dangerous but it is absolutely fun

We both are getting like 3-5% exp per pull is nice.

And it is not cheating. We are doing what we are capable of.
Post Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:19 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sounds like fun.

*keeps watching the mail*

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:26 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

hehehe Xanaki, you're *almost* making me feel like re-opening my account to play with you guys! Almost...
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:43 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I definitely like DAoC again. I had a good 6 months of distance from it and now that I came back with my brother it is quite fun again

Got my Wizard to level 24. Oooh aaah, things blow up so perty!

Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:46 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Provis, did you get the account finally?

Ekim, why not try it again, a lot has changed

My wizard has now reached level 32. My brothers Cabalist is level 30. The speed has been quite good considering that we have done quests too (epic + some mage quests for stat buff items).

Reaching level 40 seems again to be quite easy but after that. I know it starts to be a pain, especially after 42 it gets quite frustrating. That's where I quit my Paladin 6 months ago. When hunting for exp, I actually had to move the RADAR panel over my exp bar to hide the slow progress. It drove me mad to kill for half an hour and not see much movement in experience bar

Well, so far so good with the Wizard.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:39 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Xanaki
Ekim, why not try it again, a lot has changed

Actually I did I re-opened my account Sunday afternoon. Didn't have time to play a lot, but I created an Armsman on Guinevere's Albion. He's level 7 now. I haven't contacted you yet in game as I wanted to reach at least level 10 before getting into serious grouping

Name's pretty easy to identify... Eckim
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:26 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

I finally got the games but there have been problems.

First the lady's husband said that I'd have to open a new account instead of using their account and changing the password/credit card info. is it even possible to open a new account with a key that was used before? anyone know? So when I tried doing that it says the account key is in use so I emailed them and they are in contact with Mythic's support staff and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:19 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Provis
I finally got the games but there have been problems.

First the lady's husband said that I'd have to open a new account instead of using their account and changing the password/credit card info. is it even possible to open a new account with a key that was used before? anyone know? So when I tried doing that it says the account key is in use so I emailed them and they are in contact with Mythic's support staff and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

As far as I know it's not possible. They'll need to give you their account username and password. Their credit card info will never show on your system though, so they're safe. Then you can (actually should) change your password once you register your account with a new credit card. But as far as I know there's no other way. I hope they didn't think they could just sell off the game and still use their account!!
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:38 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, they said they haven't used it for a long time. I guess I'll give it a few more days, untill I get my new vid card, then email them, if they don't email me first, and tell them.

Anyone know if it's the same way with everquest?? I got two expansions for EQ plus the original EQ with the auction and wanted to know if I the expansions are worthless since I already have an account (inactive) with EQ.

I knew I shouldn't have messed with ebay for MMORPGs

Hmmm maybe I'll get a refund, she already sent me back my shipping fee since it took so long.

Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:46 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Yes, it's rather tricky dealing with MMORPGs and previously used copies... The CD-Key is always registered with a specific account, and once that's done you can't use it with any other account afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's the same with EQ. At least it's the same with AC, with AO and pretty much every other current MMORPG

Wait a bit, maybe she'll send you their user name and password. If they don't then yes I would recommend you ask for your money back because quite frankly the CD is useless to you. Mythic will tell you that you need to buy the box. In EQ's case though it might be possible to buy a CD-Key online. I don'T know. AO and AC offer that, not DAoC though.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:22 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Grrrr, you know when I bid and won the auction DAoC was still being sold for ~30-40 dollars in the stores, which is why I looked on ebay. I didn't want to spend that much for a MMORPG just to find out I don't like it. Now it appears that Mythic lowered the MSRP to $20, which is what I paid for the auction, plus I won't have a free month nor will I get to use the expansions for EQ. grrr This really sucks.

me = fool

Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Well, don't see it like that. If you end up having to buy the box, you do get a free month, which is worth $13 anyway, right? If you can (at the very worst) get the people who sold you the CD on ebay reimburse you at least $7, then you're still paying the same since you would have had to pay $13 to open the account I'm sure they'll understand, I mean it's probably the first time they sell an MMORPG game too.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:43 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Wizard status update

Got him to level 35 yesterday, still fully fire specced wizard. Went to Caledonia and died 5 times in a row to stealthers... wasn't very very pleased really to notice that even if I get my root in, they can stealth out of my vision... there is practically nothing a mage can do against stealthers.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:38 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Um... As far as my experience goes, there isn't much anyone can do against stealthers Unless they suddenly appear right next to you and you're a tank, they can just dance around you and there's nothing you can do... Darn stealthers
Post Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:34 pm