FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Are you followed during the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Are you followed during the game?

Ok, this game is really starting to freak me out. This has probably happened to some of you at one time or another. You get a message form an NPC saying you being watched. You might happen to be standing alone out in the wilderness looking you at the sky and think you can hear footsteps, or some other strange noise. Well, several days ago some one else psoter either here or on another Morrowind Board about similar occurences and acutally claims to have seen and invisible person watching him, which this poster dubbed an 'Observer'. If I recall correctly he was on an island and was able to spot one, swam to another island, and then looked back and saw it had followed him. Now if you recal from the intro movie, the person spaeking to you in your dreams says something to the effect that your going to be watched over...Now I havent gotten very far into the game but I was curious to know if anyopne has had any similar expericneces or has any more information.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 10:21 pm

Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Wow! Freaky idea. You're going to have me looking over my shoulder from now on.

It's a great idea for a plugin if it's not already in the game. Even some side quests I can think of right now where the quest giver might have someone follow you to ensure you get it done correctly.

Zaal
Post Sun May 12, 2002 10:36 pm

Hehe, yeah sometimes I actually get really nervous when I'm alone at night and hear strange sounds and wonder if their sound glitches or if theres something...out there.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:44 am

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nobody is following you..........
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:46 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Yea, i have heard some freaky stuff when i'm out walking at night, espically in those dwemer dungeons, man the ambient sound is AWESOMe, hear like all kinds of footsteps and creaking noise's.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:51 am
coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well you do get that dialogue about being followed regurlarly. I cant verify this but one person here (on the spoiler board a few days ago) and a couple of people on the official boards claim to have not only spotted the people following you ,but to have fought and even killed them.

Its a bit spoily so I wont go into any of the details, and they could be making it up too. Pretty creepy if it is true
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:11 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I have witnessed one invisible npcs once, for a quest. You wont see it if you aint looking for it. It could well be you are being followed. Beware...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 3:41 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I alwas hear NPCs say "I know someone is watching me." As in, someone is watching them, not you. But that's just my experience. The only invisible persons I've seen was for a quest, and I kicked the crap out of him and took his amulet of invisiblity.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:29 pm
Dwango
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

When an NPC says they think they are being followed, I believe they are letting you know they are members of the Morag Tong. I believe this because they are the only NPCs in Vivec that have the Morag Tong as a subect, when looking for it.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:41 pm
coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Interesting. The dialogue I hear is "I can tell your being followed", maybe I'm just hearing it wrong.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:55 pm

I can confirm that you are followed during parts of the game by invisible Dunmer who you can talk to and kill(but will be replaced by a new one)
It has to do with the main plot line so I wont say any more
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:58 pm

Laralyn

Being followed

I was in a house that had lots of slaves (the Dren plantation, I believe) and I decided to kill the owner and free them all. Yes, I am freeing every slave I come across, because half of them are Khajiit, and so is my character.

Spoiler alert!

So I attack the owner, and he proceeds to kick my ass. Part of what helped him slaughter me was the invisible mage right beside him! So I decide to load my game and go downstairs, and take out the guy in the basement first, in case he has the key. As I go downstairs, I hear footsteps behind me, and when I go attack the guy downstairs, my old buddy the invisible mage starts hurling fireballs at me again. So a) there are invisible NPCs, and b) they do follow you, at least in some situations!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 9:21 pm

Im the one that started the observer poeple post, and im the one that killed one of the people. Tell me how to take screens and i can show you the book i foudn on one of em, The one i killed had netch leather armor, and a paralyze glass dagger
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:45 am

GMD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Muahahahah!!!!

program files (maybe) / Bethesda softworks / Morrowind / morrowind.ini

maximize and there's a line "screen shot enable=0" change it to "screen shot enable=1"

I hear footsteps too, and folks do say often that they KNOW someone is watching them.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:22 am

Creepy, I thought those sound are my own.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 6:53 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next